T8 or Wildcat

Uillie

Looking for a moderator for my rifle just now. Was always set on getting a T8 Reflex but the Wildcat Predator keeps popping up. Any recommendations would be most helpful!!

Cheers,

Uillie

You won't go wrong with a Wildcat, I have 2 and would never go onto a single unit moderator. You be very surprised how much Kak you get in a moderator, stripping the wildcat down will be an eye opener.

TJ

I heard lot's of negative reports of wildcats throwing fliers just after I had ordered mine. Needn't have worried. had mine three years, and never had a problem. Never owned a Reflex, so can't say either way.
Mark.

I have a T8 and it is 18 months old and as yet is fine. I would, if buying new, buy a stainless steel one. Border Barrels are now marketing a stainless replacement for the T8 called the MYM but it is £260/ish, but has passed the Forestry Commission Noise Test, unlike most of the others being marketed. http://www.border-barrels.com/sound_moderators.html

In the sporting rifle noise reduction tests, there was only about 3 decibels between the top 10 mods on offer at that time.

There was a lot of bad press at the time Mr Banner produced the Wildcat, but it seems to have settled down somewhat now. My mate Gary has one and likes it.

How about the new one offered By Jager, that's modular too i believe. I have just looked on their site and can find no info on it, but i don't think i dreamed reading about it :oops:

Atb, ft

I have a P8 and it's a good mod. The only thing I don't like about it is the size (although it's the same as the T8). Take a look at the Ase Utra Northstar, it's a lot smaller and the mods are very well made.

How about the new one offered By Jager, that's modular too i believe. I have just looked on their site and can find no info on it, but i don't think i dreamed reading about it :oops:

Atb, ft[/quote]

Our ranage of mods do exist...honest! :)

Sorry about the website, a new one is being built so our new stuff will be on there soon, just takes an age to get it sorted.

I would vote for the north star a very good mod and it is as small as i have seen the cost around 190 and a life time guarantee. James my mate went to get one of your mods from gfs mate and after waiting 2 months decided to go with the north star got it by return of post. ;)

newdeer001.jpg

I will post a new picture up of the mod coated with duracoat if i ever shoot another deer :oops:

Deerstalker2010 said:
I would vote for the north star a very good mod and it is as small as i have seen the cost around 190 and a life time guarantee. James my mate went to get one of your mods from gfs mate and after waiting 2 months decided to go with the north star got it by return of post. ;)

newdeer001.jpg

I will post a new picture up of the mod coated with duracoat if i ever shoot another deer :oops:

You must of asked for something different because my mods are always on the shelf, not only that they only take a few weeks to produce a 100 Dave. :lol:

I have both, a T8 on my 243 and a wildcat on my 308. The wildcat wins every time for me for several reasons:

Can be opened up and cleaned
Modular and can have parts replaced not the whole thing. I think if you change rifle and thread, then it is about £80 for the part, not a whole mod.
Alloy not steel, my T8 had small rust spots on the welds early on, they have not got worse, but my mates has rotted through after few years.

I do not think there is much in the weight difference, but I believe the wildcat is slightly lighter (could be wrong). They both make it quieter, not sure the difference between the two mods really matter to me to be honest

In summary I would not buy another T8 again. That said I do like the look of some of the other mods and might consider them in the future, cost dependant.
Cheers
JP

I bought a Wildcat P8 for my .223. When I got my 7mm and decided to "ruin" it by having it screwcut I ordered a new .308 baffle set and bush for £75, cheaper than a new mod. I've fired my .223 through the .308 baffle set and you do notice a bit more noise, still not enough to hurt your ears and definately not enough for me to bother changing to the .223 baffle set every time I want to use it!

Deerstalker2010 said:
newdeer001.jpg

Ah I see Dave Quarrel, Davie, 6.5x55, Longshot or now Deerstalker2010 is back on the site I thoiught Malc had banned him peramanantly :confused:

The DQ sling on the sauer is kind of a dead give away

Ah I see Dave Quarrel, Davie, 6.5x55, Longshot or now Deerstalker2010 is back on the site I thoiught Malc had banned him peramanantly :confused:

The DQ sling on the sauer is kind of a dead give away

AAHHHH
storm all becomes clear now
you name our ole mate Davie
but what about yourself
talk about a storm in a tea cup or just another mug...lol

I will throw my two cents into the mixing bowl!
I have been quite fortunate over the last five years in seeing and hearing just about every moderator on the market, on hundreds of different calibers.
There have been some quite miserable attempts from various manufacturers,but there has always been one that has been superior by a long margin "JetZ" ,although I did witness my first Bruger & Thomet not long ago, which was equal to the JetZ.

regards
griff

newdeer001.jpg

Hi
Where have you seen northstars at £190 that is a good price and i want a .30 calibre version
Geordie

I have the ASE S5 and can't rate it highly enough, love it! Would buy another any day! £190 sounds too cheap - unless it's a used price?

Tried the rest, but find A-Tec's to be the best.:D:D:D

Weigh less, are strippable, adaptable for use on a range of calibres, well made and cost less than other makes, what is there not to like.8)

ATB

Tahr

Back