Thread: Lost my Knife

Lost my Knife

I lost my knife whilst gralloching a buck the other evening I have had two attempt but cannot find it!! I am thinking I have tramped it in to the soft ground at the gralloch spot, it was at the edge of long silage and rashes.

Does anyone in the Dumfries area have a metal detector I could borrow! I am sure I shall find it!

Pm if you have and are willing to give me a loan.

thanks in anticipation.

Hammy

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMY View Post
    I lost my knife whilst gralloching a buck the other evening I have had two attempt but cannot find it!! I am thinking I have tramped it in to the soft ground at the gralloch spot, it was at the edge of long silage and rashes.

Does anyone in the Dumfries area have a metal detector I could borrow! I am sure I shall find it!

thanks in anticipation.

Hammy
    Bad luck mate , now a days I carry a 20 Opinel in the field , no tears if I loose it. Hope you find it.

Get a bright orange Stainless Mora Clipper! Cost about 10, low maintenance and they are so bright they can be seen from about 1 mile away!
    MS

Regular Poster
    How friendly are you with the farmer - strimmer?

Check the discrimination on the metal detector - if you know what the knife steel is. A major RFD and farmer who remains nameless ( they are toward the North of Ayrshire ) lost his Leatherman on the farm. Looking for any excuse he splashed out quite a bit on a metal detector - only to find after many hours fruitless sweeping that the model he got wouldn't react to whatever that Leatherman was made of!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMY View Post

thanks in anticipation.

Hammy
    I've got a metal detector you can borrow,and I'm up every three weeks in D+G,im up next weekend if you want to meet somewhere.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Get a bright orange Stainless Mora Clipper! Cost about 10, low maintenance and they are so bright they can be seen from about 1 mile away!
    MS