Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A man's got to know his limitations. I found mine....

A man's got to know his limitations. I found mine....

...when I went into my favorite shop in the City this evening. They had a Tikka T-3 Lite stainless 308 I've been looking at. The price started out at $570 but has progressively dropped til it hit $400 today. I'd been resisting it all winter but this was too much.The manager came by to verify the paperwork and she said she knew the gun well: She sold it on a Friday last fall and the guy returned it on Monday after his wife admitted she didn't like the recoil. It had 33 rounds through it before the woman said to return it. It still had the box, rings and all the papers and looks like brand new. These sell for almost $700 new. I am pleased. It's 308 number six or seven, I think, but I couldn't pass it up.~Muir

you lucky person, I wish our prices were as good. Well done, look forward to a report on how you get on with it

I have a T3 Lite SS in .30-06 and love it. The .308 Win will be even better in that rifle. It is a pleasure to carry all day, not picky over ammunition, and perfect for hunting in in wet weather or mountains. I am wanting one in 7mm-08, with a small and lightweight scope, like the Burris 2-7x35mm.

''A man's got to know his limitations".

Magnum Force...just remembered it...and I didn't Google it!

"Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    I have a T3 Lite SS in .30-06 and love it. The .308 Win will be even better in that rifle. It is a pleasure to carry all day, not picky over ammunition, and perfect for hunting in in wet weather or mountains. I am wanting one in 7mm-08, with a small and lightweight scope, like the Burris 2-7x35mm.
    My 7-08 T-3 has pole position over this 308, in fact, it's a few notches down behind my 6.5 and my Winchester 308. (a superb shooter) The shop also has a stainless 300 Win Mag T-3 Lite for $550. That would be a kick-butt, high country elk gun.~Muir

You're torturing me! I have to wring out my new Steyr 7x64 before i can think about a T3.

You're torturing me! I have to wring out my new Steyr 7x64 before i can think about a T3.
    The 280, which is a 7x64 in Colonial garb, it one of my favorite chamberings. I've built many of them and never failed to have one perform. Enjoy that 7x64 and forget the rest for a while!~Muir

This is my 3rd 7x64. The first is a Mauser fullstock carbine with set triggers and Kahles scope in claw mounts.
    The second one, I built on a Ruger M77 tang safety, and now am working on a new stock, and adding iron sights.
    This will be my modern one for traveling. I am really looking forward to seeing what it will do.

Jack O'Connor is known as The .270 Man, but the last rifle he had built was a .280 Remington.

This is my 3rd 7x64. The first is a Mauser fullstock carbine with set triggers and Kahles scope in claw mounts.
    The second one, I built on a Ruger M77 tang safety, and now am working on a new stock, and adding iron sights.
    This will be my modern one for traveling. I am really looking forward to seeing what it will do.

Jack O'Connor is known as The .270 Man, but the last rifle he had built was a .280 Remington.
    The late stock maker, Dale Goens, was a friend of mine and he told me first hand that O'Connor really liked it, too.~Muir

PS: That 300 WM T3 was still there when I passed through the City tonight....

Southern - good to see another 7x64 fan out there. Have always fancied this calibre and have just bought a CZ550 full stock, steel and walnut, iron sights etc. Not sure what scope I'll put on it. Intend loading Sellier & Bellot 158gr GROMS but not worked out a load yet.