BASC deer stalkers evening

Hi David.
How about something along these lines a little further north sometime please ? How about Yorkshire and Humberside region
regards
Jimmy

What a shame it costs, I wont be going. My BASC subs are high enough already! When I went along to the NGO deer meeting the week before last it was free with a venison BBQ (also free) and shots on the rifle range to ammo test (also free). And the subs are half. In fact I have never been to an NGO meeting (not clay shoot or course) that does cost.

I suppose it is the difference between professionals and those that sit in an office, that's why as keepers we will never be rich.

I suppose it is the difference between professionals and those that sit in an office, that's why as keepers we will never be rich.[/QUOTE]

I understand what your saying there hottopic, but rich with money or rich with life? You live your lifestyle or live to pay for your lifestyle! Not much more rich and fullfilling than being a keeper mate... :lol:

Playing devils advocate though.... the sit in an office, factory type guy buys a days shooting and the keeper gets paid... :thumb:

Deer Stalkers Evening

20 August - 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm

Winchester
Hampshire
South East
SO23 7AB
United Kingdom
The Winchester Club

BASC South East will be hosting a Deer Stalkers Evening on 20 August from 7pm at the Winchester Club in Winchester.

More info here: http://basc.org.uk/events/deer-stalkers-evening/
Why can't we have one in Shropshire-Powys-Herefordshire. Hands up for all who would go for it. Been a member for years but I will not drive that sort of distance,we probably have a good few that would be interested. But there again if the BASC would like to put me up for the night and pay my fuel costs I would attend. It could be a nice thank you for my 30 years of support.

Last edited:
Thats my point too VM you dont see these things ever happen in Yorkshire "the biggest county in England !!!" May have to rethink membership in the future..
Regards
Jimmy

Out of interest, and other than requesting it on the Stalking Directory, have any of you actually contacted BASC to see if they'd run an event in your region? Have you actually tried contacting your Regional Director or other representative?

Just a suggestion....

Never one to not admit being in the wrong so slight embarrassing moment from myself willie !!!! Guess thats on this weeks list
regards
Jimmy
Out of interest, and other than requesting it on the Stalking Directory, have any of you actually contacted BASC to see if they'd run an event in your region? Have you actually tried contacting your Regional Director or other representative?

Just a suggestion....

Jimmy

I do hope they will rise to the challenge, but at least asking puts the onus directly back onto them.

Having some involvement at a local level with another Fieldsports organisation, all I can say is that it's sadly all too rare to get any direct feedback from members on what type of events they'd like, so it's at least worth a try. Most Committees should be pleased to get suggestions for events, all the more so if there's the hint of a ready and willing audience!

willie_gunn

I suppose it is the difference between professionals and those that sit in an office, that's why as keepers we will never be rich.

I understand what your saying there hottopic, but rich with money or rich with life? You live your lifestyle or live to pay for your lifestyle! Not much more rich and fullfilling than being a keeper mate... :lol:

Playing devils advocate though.... the sit in an office, factory type guy buys a days shooting and the keeper gets paid... :thumb:[/QUOTE]

White Hart, I agree with you totally - bring on the bankers bonus and keep me in a job! It also means that people invest in the countryside.

What I don't like is organisations like BASC becoming so commercial. I will give you an example, the estate recently bought two Ford Rangers and with NGO membership you get a discount (we got 14.5%). BASC offer a Ford discount too to their members, as a member I wanted to see what I could get with this and it was around 12% for the same vehicle. The Ford man said that according to the computer BASC as keeping some of the % as a commission!

The point I was trying to make is that the SGA, NGO etc are not a commercial organisation and are doing masses for shooting and keepering. I know BASC do do some good but are they more concerned with making money than saving shooting?

We have listened to member’s feedback that there is a demand for this type of event.Following up on that feedback, we identified an appropriate venue and approached some of the top deer management practitioners to provide informative talks relevant to the audience, particularly concerning the control of Fallow deer, an issue many stalkers and deer managers face in Hampshire and surrounds.

We have set a modest door charge solely to cover the costs of hiring the venue for the evening, paying travel expenses for volunteers and to go towards some of the prizes on offer

If you want more deer stalker evenings in your area then please contact the relevant BASC regional Director - their contact details are on our web site and in Shooting & Conservation magazine.

Best wishes

David

Spoke to the BASC regional office today and we have been give a slot and a stand to help promote UKDTR at this event,
look forward to see you there.

Tony

Back