Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portable shooters bench

Portable shooters bench

Does anyone have a potable shooting bench they would be willing to lend / hire me for the weekend of 24th-25th may, been let down on another prepared to pay a modest fee and pay a deposit if required.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Hi mate I've been looking into building my own and it's dead easy.

Get something like this, cut yourself a top out of some decent ply and hey presto, cheap bench to suit your hand and body shape!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/portable-f...item2ed1d733fd

Also loads of plans online and a few vids on youtube.

Hope it helps mate,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Or one of these.

Folding camping table and chairs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-Al...item3a8fffb188
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

if you cant get one i have a homemade job on a light benchmate with a top screwed to it also a chair, works and free if you get stuck
    Last edited by paul o'; 14-05-2014 at 21:28.

I bought a cheap 'workmate' from Screwfix, took the ply off the top and replaced it with a shaped piece of kitchen work bench that I had knocking around.
    If anybody local to me wants a bit of black/grey marble effect kitchen work top, enough to make a shooting bench of their own, then get in touch.
    I might remind you, it is 25mm thick and very heavy.

I have one of the folding MTM ones. Got it cheap on sale. You could have borrowed it (no charge) but getting it to you would be problematic!

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Or one of these.

Folding camping table and chairs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-Al...item3a8fffb188
    I tried using the one I have and it is too flimsy and 'bouncy' if that makes sense? With the recoil of the rifle it's difficult to follow through correctly. Maybe with a stronger bit of board it may improve though, I'll give it a go and report back,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    Does anyone have a potable shooting bench they would be willing to lend / hire me for the weekend of 24th-25th may, been let down on another prepared to pay a modest fee and pay a deposit if required.
    Ranger bonnet not as stable as the Navarra Pierre?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Google DIY shooting bench, cut some ply to the dimensions given and fix to a workmate, you now have a folding shooting bench