Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Section 5 firearms advice

Section 5 firearms advice

Are their many people out there with section 5 pistols for humane dispatch? Is it fairly straight forward to obtain in conjunction with relevant profession? Any advise gratefully received.

The law says you can have a pistol for humane dispatch ,if you show good reason you shall be granted your weapon of your choice

Better off with an underlever.... far more practical for HD

Dead easy if you have good reason. What profession are you?

(we have 2 free bullet pistols, 2 dart guns, permission to obtain another pistol of unspecified calibre in an emergency and a slot for a .410 pistol if anyone knows of any)

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool fool View Post
    I'm a stalker, thanks.
    Simply being a stalker is not good enough reason for Kent Police

All the above is correct apart from the advice of carrying 2 rifles (under lever). What I had to do was put together a file of why I needed one ie situations where a pistol/revolver would be more practical and safer than using a rifle for the following dispatching shot , what species of deer are you hunting, and numbers I shot in a year.

i hope this helps and no malice to the under lever answer but if you are granted one think practical as it is something else to carry.

regards chris

Hi Mate read the Basc document on the Basc web site hand guns for humane dispatch ,recreational stalkers can apply it has nothing to do with profession Kent Police are acting outside the law If you meet the criteria you shall be granted what you have applied for Section 27 of the firearms act 1968

Forgot to say section 3 of the firearms act 1997 allows hand guns for humane dispatch it can only be used in connection of the humane killing of animals

Quote Originally Posted by shuggie View Post
    Hi Mate read the Basc document on the Basc web site hand guns for humane dispatch ,recreational stalkers can apply it has nothing to do with profession Kent Police are acting outside the law If you meet the criteria you shall be granted what you have applied for Section 27 of the firearms act 1968
    This is true, but you will need to be confident in your request and have thought through the answers to the inevitable questions posed. Just like the grant of a FAC for a deer rifle, I suspect that if you are an experienced recreational stalker with qualifications or other evidence to support it, then that will certainly help.

Whilst many stalkers may holler that their .410 or other is better than a pistol, you have discretion and it is your choice and your decision!

Read the BASC notes as suggested as they are very good.

Tony