Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Well it was going to happen sooner or later...!
    i was just finishing making the bread for tea and thinking about cutting the grass when a got a call from a mate saying his client had wounded a roe buck and they could not locate it.
    so asked him the usual questions, where did he think it was hit? How long ago did this happen?what caliber was he using? Did I need to bring a rifle?
    the deer he thinks was gut shot, about an hour ago, .270, and yes bring a rifle as client now sat in a high seat.
    got the post code and off we went about 16 miles so not to far, on arrival i was met by my friend and the keeper and we shook hands, then off to the shot site which had been marked(very important and well done T) the client said he thought the buck had run back away from him and into the rape, sure enough lots of gut contents and hair at the S.S. And scuff marks where the buck had taken off, but Brit on the track and she came back towards where shot had been taken and not back as said, then into the rape and that's where things get really interesting, 5ft tall and think as hell even a problem to move about let alone try and track in it, anyway tracked trough to the first set of tram lines and then up the line not being able to see what the hell the Brit was doing, 30 yards on and she stopped parting the rape a could see more gut contents so thought must be right, moving off again after marking this with tape we continued blindly up the TL for some 40 yards then Brit came back and I know we where off, so back to the last marked tape, she then went left off the TL and I could here the buck in front of us but no way could we see it, at that point my friend said "it's there right in front of you" got Brit back and got down on my knees and it was 4 feet away from me just stood there, the rape was so think I could not easily get my rifle off my back so asked my friend to see if he could, he did and quickly and safely dispatched the buck,
    not an ideal first live track for Brit but I guess we can't choose,
    the first pic was taken after we dispatch the buck to give you some idea of how think that rape was, so glad it was dry..
    but another successful outcome for UKDTR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Well done on finding the beast Tony.

UKDTR and UKSHA cooperating and actually benefitting wounded animals and stalkers....getting somewhere now
    Dont know about you Tony.....I'd say this is working well-even if there are no finds at end of a track(we've been very lucky up to now),at least people are ringing now-all for the good.....
    Standards being set=perfect
    Tested dogs that work well-this is what it's all about...only go from strength to strength.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Tony a very well done
    regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    UKDTR and UKSHA cooperating and actually benefitting wounded animals and stalkers....getting somewhere now
    Dont know about you Tony.....I'd say this is working well-even if there are no finds at end of a track(we've been very lucky up to now),at least people are ringing now-all for the good.....
    Standards being set=perfect
    Tested dogs that work well-this is what it's all about...only go from strength to strength.
    good to see it all working so well and people not afraid to pick up the phone and ask for help
    well done to you all for providing a superb service
    regards pete

Waidmannsheil!
    Another suffering ended, well done.
    Things are developing quickly right now with you, great to see it
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Awesome Tony! Great job- bet you're very proud

Hello Tony.

That is most excellent, and Brit, can only go from strength to strength after that track. Well done Team Cookingfat !!!

All the best.

Neil.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Well done Tony,

I bet your glad of the work for him to learn more and more,

hope you and the good lady are well.

Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Well done Tony and Brit