Thread: Rebel 17 or Thumlers

Rebel 17 or Thumlers

Which one would you buy and why please? Thinking about a stainless tumbler!

I bought the Thumbler second hand at a good price, but if I had to
    do it again it would be the Rebel I think, just for the better roller supports and bearings.

Neil.

The Rebel is the better of the two - better bearings - better paint job inside the drum - better thumb nuts to secure the lid - cheaper.

Frankford have brought one out - all plastic mouldings - gear drive - smaller footprint - may be an option - costs about $200 in the USA - not seen one for sale here yet.

I have the Thumlers & if I was to buy now it would be a Rebel.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Frankford have brought one out - all plastic mouldings - gear drive - smaller footprint - may be an option - costs about $200 in the USA - not seen one for sale here yet.
    I don't think they've even hit the shops in the USA yet. AFAIK the $200 price tag is a MSRP, so actual prices may well be lower. It certainly should be a cheaper option (cheaper build / volume manufacturer).
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

I had the Thulmers, now got the Rebel 17.. much better machine.. same design but on real bearings not polythene rubbish.. cheaper because it's made in China and not the US which I believe the Thulmers are..

Anyhoo... buy the Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gain View Post
    I don't think they've even hit the shops in the USA yet. AFAIK the $200 price tag is a MSRP, so actual prices may well be lower. It certainly should be a cheaper option (cheaper build / volume manufacturer).
    A quick Google web search yesterday showed them in stock for sale at outlets in the bad ol' USA - Lowest I saw was $180 if I remember right - Can't remember which shop tho'. Was just lookin' as a mate mentioned them asking for my opinion on them.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    A quick Google web search yesterday showed them in stock for sale at outlets in the bad ol' USA - Lowest I saw was $180 if I remember right - Can't remember which shop tho'. Was just lookin' as a mate mentioned them asking for my opinion on them.

Ian
    Thanks for the update. I should have checked, myself, before posting!
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay