Thread: Im going deef!!

Im going deef!!

After years of shooting and working on drillfloors my hearing must have taken a hammering. When i shoot clays i use Peltor sportacs but never on a gameshoot or rifle work. I am considering gettin a set of Emtec electric earplugs and was wondering if they are good or is there a better make?

They are good but the Sportacs are what I use now all the time

Al

I use the Sport Tac for all my range shooting and hunting.

I use Emtec Noisebreakers which we also use at work and are very good. These have also been used on drill floors, engine rooms etc. They are moulded to your ears so fit perfectly, have no electronics and filter out all noise but you can hear people talking and don't end up shouting at people either!! I put one of my mates onto them as he has a clay pigeon ground and he prefers them to the electronic defenders he used before. He just phoned Emtec found their local agent, got mould taken and 10 days and about 75 later he had them. The mould has a reference number and if you lose them just ask for a new pair to be sent, nice and simple!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whinbush View Post
    I use Emtec Noisebreakers which we also use at work and are very good. These have also been used on drill floors, engine rooms etc. They are moulded to your ears so fit perfectly, have no electronics and filter out all noise but you can hear people talking and don't end up shouting at people either!! I put one of my mates onto them as he has a clay pigeon ground and he prefers them to the electronic defenders he used before. He just phoned Emtec found their local agent, got mould taken and 10 days and about 75 later he had them. The mould has a reference number and if you lose them just ask for a new pair to be sent, nice and simple!!
    +1 for Emtec. Unfortunately just lost one but my lugs have changed shape now anyway. Order a new fitting soon.

I have the CENS digital. Great to hear stuff, you forget you are wearing them. The only draw back is wind. They cam with passive inserts that I use if windy.

Not cheap, but you can't be a poor man with your collection of guns

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

WHAT !!! Jeff is out at the mo lol sorry i had to. I had a smiler set years n years ago cost a fair bit and gave me hot sweaty lugs holes, so i now use foam type and chuck them after use. Or sonic type if i need to hear when at the clay ground.

Emtecs ok but I still like to hear

I hate the feel & bulk of over ear defenders but love the electronic hearing they provide .... The cens being then obvious choice but what a price!!!

stick with emtecs just now

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Whinbush View Post

+1, the replacements are much cheaper, as they already have the mould.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.