Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice and thoughts please,

Advice and thoughts please,

Hi lads, I'm thinking of buying a bsa cf2 stutzen in 243, I know a lot of places now will not allow stalking, without a moderator, so I was thinking of taking the snabel tip from the stutzen stock, removing a 11/2" from the stock and replacing the snabel tip, I would then screw cut the barrel and fit a small moderator, if anybody could tell me what mod to fit and if my plan is feasible, thanks tim,

No doubt it could be done, what effect these changes might have on accuracy is unpredictable.

In reality, you may end up spending nearly as much as the rifle is worth on these alterations, the effect of which is to probably render the rifle nearly worthless.

I wouldn't consider it at all. If you need a modded rifle, buy a conventional sporter.....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    No doubt it could be done, what effect these changes might have on accuracy is unpredictable.

In reality, you may end up spending nearly as much as the rifle is worth on these alterations, the effect of which is to probably render the rifle nearly worthless.

I wouldn't consider it at all. If you need a modded rifle, buy a conventional sporter.....
    +1

The way I look at it is, you're buying a Stutzen because it's a Stutzen, no point if you intend to cut and shut it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    The way I look at it is, you're buying a Stutzen because it's a Stutzen, no point if you intend to cut and shut it really.
    James, could you not coat a moderator with some of that lovely Beretta "Extra-Wood" and bluff the Stutzen look?
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

+2

James, could you not coat a moderator with some of that lovely Beretta "Extra-Wood" and bluff the Stutzen look?
    Haha, I like your thinking, sadly probably not! Isn't it a bit like buying a double rifle and fitting a muzzle brake?

I would think that would be a sure way of trashing a perfectly good rifle! Well, a Stutzen anyway.
    For what it would cost, and the risk involved, you would be far better to buy something that is already screwcut and moderated.
    Even if it worked, it would look pretty stupid. I suspect you would ruin the whole rifle and end up out of pocket.
    MS
    I just did a Google search 'images' looking for a moderated Stutzen and there isn't any which probably tells a story as i suspect it has been tried.

I am pretty sure you will ruin it, i use a bsa stutzen and the sling stud runs through the stock and is fixed onto barrel the rose tip at front has pressure on the barrel so i would think it would really mess up the rifle,i am sure brit will be along to add to this, leave as is and use it as it was ment to be, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Hi lads, I'm not bothered about the cost involved, I do like the look of the stutzen, it would be my rifle and I would shoot it, with a small slim moderator fitted I don't think it would compromise the look of the rifle to much,