Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northstar Moderator.

Northstar Moderator.

Finally got my Tikka M595 back after being screwcut, and have put a Northstar on it. Never had a moderator before, so any advice on the cleaning regime would be appreciated. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but hope it will make a big difference...7mm-08 isn't as fierce as some, but there was quite a bit of muzzle flip and a fair old bang!

I have a Northstar, they come with cleaning instructions along the line of, shake out bits, spray with WD40 job done!
    regards

As above but I use Napier VP90 instead of WD40.

Stan

Thanks, gents. Didn't get any instructions wth mine, but was told to suirt with WD40 after every 50 rounds....which could be upto 6 months for me. Does the oily residue tend to cause the first few shots to be flyers?

Have'nt squirted mine with anything for ages maybe I'll give it a birthday treat and squirt some VP90 into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68
    Thanks, gents. Didn't get any instructions wth mine, but was told to suirt with WD40 after every 50 rounds....which could be upto 6 months for me. Does the oily residue tend to cause the first few shots to be flyers?
    I don't get flyers, but unless I dry it really well after squirting I get a cloud of blue/grey smoke.

So I squirt and shake well with WD40, shake out most of liquid then dry on a (warm) radiator overnight.

ft

moderators

hi flytie when i have used the rifle i squirt the mod with wd 40 and stand it on end and leave to dry never haveany smoke probs
    atb tom

Re: moderators

Quote Originally Posted by tom reveley
    hi flytie when i have used the rifle i squirt the mod with wd 40 and stand it on end and leave to dry never haveany smoke probs
    atb tom
    Perhaps I'm overdoing the WD40

ft

Does anyone know where I can get a neoprene sleeve for a Northstar? The ones I've seen are all too small, so it might have to be a bit of inner tube if all else fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68
    Does anyone know where I can get a neoprene sleeve for a Northstar? The ones I've seen are all too small, so it might have to be a bit of inner tube if all else fails.
    Would the T8 neoprene sleeve not fit it? I thought the Northstar was smaller than the T8?

They are very stretchy.

ft