Thread: Pilkington Kite Night Vision Sights - Gen 2 & 3

Pilkington Kite Night Vision Sights - Gen 2 & 3

Hi all

Please find details below of 2 night vision sights for sale:

Gen 2 @ £1,600 & Gen 3 @ £2,600 (both have a convertor to mount on to a 22mm Weaver system)

Pilkington kite Night Vision Sight NV

The Kite is alight weight high performance night site designed for the high demands of theMilitary. I believe it has been designed to be used on anything from a SA80 toa 50 calibre machine gun, so itís quite robust.The sight is infull working order and has just had a full service and a new 3rdgeneration tube fitted. It comes with the standard Kite mounts and a converterto allow you to fit it to most standard 22mm Weaver Rifle mounts. It has beenwas mounted on my Remington 22-250 with great results up to 180m. The kite canbe used during the day by leaving the rubber cover in place or at night byremoving the cover.It has an illuminatedreticle that can be switched on & off and adjustment for the brightness. Thereticle is like an upside down chevron sight with a line on the top and a dotin the centre this is used for day and night time use.

Weight 1.2 kg
    Magnification X4
    Uses 2 X standard 1.5v Batteries
    Up to 70 Hours of use
    Range (typical) Recognition of a standing manat 500m in starlight (10.3) Lux.

Please PM to discuss details/pricing...

Regards

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

any data sheets-and how many hours have the tubes done.

Quote Originally Posted by garyw View Post
    any data sheets-and how many hours have the tubes done.

So what life span do they have?

What tube is in the gen3?

Hi All

I will get back to you on all these questions asap.

Regards

Rob

Hi All

The Gen 3 is now sold.

Gen 2 is still available & has been reduced to £1,250.

I'm afraid I don't know what make the tubes are or how old the scope is, all I can state is that it is in 100% working order & is very effective.

A few more points are:

The kite can beused during the day by leaving the rubber cover in place or at night byremoving the cover.It will besupplied with a canvas padded storage case. It has an illuminatedreticle that can be switched on & off and adjustment for the brightness. Thereticle is like an upside down chevron sight with a line on the top and a dotin the centre this is used for day and night time use.
    Weight 1.2 kg
    Magnification X4
    Uses 2 X standard 1.5v Batteries
    Up to 70 Hours of use
    Range (typical) Recognition of a standing manat 500m in starlight (10.3) Lux.