Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope/zeroing issue - advice please

Scope/zeroing issue - advice please

Put a zeiss diavari on a t3 lite using optilocks. I draw around a CD and the middle hole and place at 100 yards. All going well but I have run out of clicks to bring the cross hair down the last bit. Right now it is clipping the outer circle at 12 o clock. Never had a zeiss before so don't know if this is normal or not and what of I do about it ?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Does it shoot ok normally ? Or is this a new/untested gun ? To be that high and out of travel, I'd be double checking the mounts are fitted properly

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Put a zeiss diavari on a t3 lite using optilocks. I draw around a CD and the middle hole and place at 100 yards. All going well but I have run out of clicks to bring the cross hair down the last bit. Right now it is clipping the outer circle at 12 o clock. Never had a zeiss before so don't know if this is normal or not and what of I do about it ?

Your advice is much appreciated.
    Hi david give john Robson a bell he is a pro zeiss stalker he is a top man he will help you h

+1
    new scope ?
    my mate had one from swill's at the CLA LAST YEAR, that would not hold at 100 yrds , he sent it back they returned a new one by post .top job

Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    Does it shoot ok normally ? Or is this a new/untested gun ? To be that high and out of travel, I'd be double checking the mounts are fitted properly

Pete

SD Regular
    Does the scope hold a zero for a group in any position? If it does you can always shim one of the rings to bring you the last bit. Old style photo negative is very good for this. It does however sound like its set wrongly - or to go on a MOA rail for longer range shooting. Also, try swapping the rings round.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Scope/zeroing issue - advice please

If it's high, you'd need a canted rail, the wrong way round. No, there's another issue here

Just had a thought, when my mate was fitting his tikka up with optilocks, he had the front mount on crooked due to the recoil stud. So after removing the scope from the rings, correctly fitting the rings/bases to the action, we then fitted the scope to the rings, and it was fine, but unless you looked really closely, you couldn't see the base wasn't sat correctly.
    Last edited by The tramp; 16-05-2014 at 20:17.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Brand new rifle, mod, mounts. Used scope still has 15 years of warranty though.

I was starting to get pi55ed of so stopped and put it away for the night. Need to buy more rounds anyway. On visual inspection all appears fine with the mounts. The groups are good and tight, just to high. Will go back to range on Sunday and try all suggestions.

Never had this with a scope before and am slightly confused to be honest. Will have a chat with Zeiss on Monday too.

Quote Originally Posted by harry243 View Post
    Hi david give john Robson a bell he is a pro zeiss stalker he is a top man he will help you h
    Is that Yorkshire deer stalking ?

Brand new rifle, mod, mounts. Used scope still has 15 years of warranty though.

I was starting to get pi55ed of so stopped and put it away for the night. Need to buy more rounds anyway. On visual inspection all appears fine with the mounts. The groups are good and tight, just to high. Will go back to range on Sunday and try all suggestions.

Never had this with a scope before and am slightly confused to be honest. Will have a chat with Zeiss on Monday too.
    Ok. First thing. Take off the mod and try it then, if it's clipping it can shift poi

Second, take the scope out the rings, and turn it on some v blocks to ensure it isn't bent.

While it's off, double, and triple check the bases are fitted correctly, and that nothing is 'lifting' the front one.

Refit the scope, and with the rifle solidly held in a vise/workmate etc, look through it, while working the turrets all the way from stop to stop to make sure that they do their job ok, then set the elevation to midway.

Now look through the bore at a 'target' and if the scope is close, then try shooting it again, if you still can't get it on, you need to try swapping bits over, borrow a known good scope, rings etc, or take the rifle back and let the shop sort it.

Hope this helps buddy

Pete

Home | Varminting UK

SD Regular
    Is that Yorkshire deer stalking ?
    yes it is
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........