Thread: RTA's and idiots

RTA's and idiots

So, my p**s is boiling. Out shooting a few rabbits, with the land in question being on both sides of an A road.
    We had crossed the road only 10 minutes earlier, turned and came back to the main road to find a buck with it's back end hit so hard it had been skinned (fortunately very dead) and bits of car bumper all over the road. 200 yards up the road, parked across the entrance to our mates farm, is the car, owner strolling about, chatting and laughing away on his phone, obviously in fine physical condition. When asked perhaps if he'd want to maybe put on his hazard lights, or remove some of the debris, or check the animal isn't suffering, we get accused of not being concerned.
    I'm truly struggling to see why I should be concerned about the fact that his car is broken. I just hope my mate has to move the car with the bale spikes.
    Last edited by Malxwal; 16-05-2014 at 22:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Malxwal View Post
    So, my p**s is boiling. Out nailing a few rabbits, with the land in question being on both sides of an A road.
    We had crossed the road only 10 minutes earlier, turned and came back to the main road to find a buck with it's back end hit so hard it had been skinned (fortunately very dead) and bits of car bumper all over the road. 200 yards up the road, parked across the entrance to our mates farm, is the car, owner strolling about, chatting and laughing away on his phone, obviously in fine physical condition. When asked perhaps if he'd want to maybe put on his hazard lights, or remove some of the debris, or check the animal isn't suffering, we get accused of not being concerned.
    I'm truly struggling to see why I should be concerned about the fact that his car is broken. I just hope my mate has to move the car with the bale spikes.
    Inconsiderate parking, gets me every time.

Stan

I would be more pisxxd at my car being wrecked than the deer being killed, stress hits people in different ways, so laughing on your phone to your misses or a recovery firm after just seeing your life flash before your eyes is quite normal. what did you want him to do to the deer, give it first aid, offer it, it's last rights , or call the emergency services, which was probable what he was doing.
    And as a farmer what pisxxs me off is farmers or there workers who moan about someone who has had a accident blocking there gate way, when they don,t need to get in it. rant over

OK, I take you point of view onboard. You can crack on and run down deer and not give a toss about the resulting mess left on the road and others safety if you like. If you'd been spoken to the way I was when I approached the driver, and then later by his Daddy,I doubt you'd have been concerned about his car.
    Making comments about giving first aid or last rights just shows you to be a bit sad, there's no need for the demeaning tone in any discussion.

Just playing devils advocate here; If I was driving and had collision with a deer, then a vehicle out shooting which could have pushed the animal onto the road; came and approached me, I think I might be a little vexed. I can entirely see your point of view but that well may be a drivers perception of the collision. I think rtc's should be dealt with gently. Suggestions of speed and deer awareness are best made

I don't want to start an argument but just my thoughts......