Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UKDTR Warwickshire training day

UKDTR Warwickshire training day

UKDTR has set a date and venue for it's first ever introduction/training day

this will be held near Warwick in Warwickshire on sunday 29th June 2014
    This day will suit the novice handler or those that have got or getting a pup for stalking purposes
    Even those that would like to find out more on training themselves and tracking dogs....
    Even to see if you can convert yourself and your dog to a better method of tracking for now and the future
    also anyone that is interested in entering onto our volunteer tracking scheme will need to attend such an intro day unless you have already done one of the days hosted in the past by either myself or Tony

Dogs are most welcome on the day as some training tracks will be laid to try your dog on
    for further details
    please
    Pm myself or Tony aka cookingfat on here
    or via the methods shown on our contacts page
    Click on link below

UKDTR UK Deer Track and Recovery

places are limited
    best wishes
    Richard
    Last edited by stone; 17-05-2014 at 07:54.

UKDTR. Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

What time will the day start/finish Richard? My pup will be too young, but I'm interested in coming along if I can make it.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

You can't start too young! You might be surprised with how the pup does.

Could I bring my three-year old spaniel. As I do take her with me and she has found five or six deer for me and would lime to try and I improve her

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    You can't start too young! You might be surprised with how the pup does.
    agreed on that one, plenty to do with a young pup.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    agreed on that one, plenty to do with a young pup.
    Truth be told I'm not sure what I would expect of her anyway, but she'll only be 13 weeks...
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    Truth be told I'm not sure what I would expect of her anyway, but she'll only be 13 weeks...
    Hi Simon,

at 13 weeks it has to be fun and just association with what you are going to be doing later, lots of deer hoofs,bits of skin to play with, maybe sort trails, what ever it has to be fun and enjoyable for the pup otherwise it will get board.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery

Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    Hi Simon,

at 13 weeks it has to be fun and just association with what you are going to be doing later, lots of deer hoofs,bits of skin to play with, maybe sort trails, what ever it has to be fun and enjoyable for the pup otherwise it will get board.
    Thanks for that, that's more or less what I thought - make a game of everything and keep her having fun.
    Don't want to derail the thread, but another question: looking a bit further ahead, as someone without ready aaccess to deer parts/blood is there any merit to the concentrated blood/sweat scent stuff that's on the market?
    Blog

Simon, I'm sure a member on SD local to you will help you with deer parts

Hi Richard. I'd be up for a day. I have a sister to simple simons pup. Collected today and settled in nicely. If you would let me know the details and what's to be set up on the day.
    Simon, not sure how many deer you shoot? But next one you grass save the skin, cut into bits and put in the freezer (wrapped separately) along with the hoves and you'll have enough too keep you going. Other wise as said someone one here will be able to give you some skin for sure.
    Let the pup chew it and have a rag around with it, even hide it near by. once it's had some fun with it just chuck it.