Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S4 Lockdown

S4 Lockdown

Has anyone used these with their binos? They look good from the pics but wanted to get a feel for what they are like in the field. Looks like you have to keep on unclipping them every time you want to glass the area. Maybe I'm missing something.

Hi blaire

You dont have to unclip them everytime, you just unclip this bottom half when your in the field then the bins just push down and out of the top section on bungies when you glass then just pull down on the bungie and slip back into the top section, till you need to glass again. Once mastered all very simple, the bottom section is fabric and the top section is plastic or alley coated in fabric to keep its shape.
    They work well, look like a sports bra though! Had a bit of stick about that...

They will remain in the housing being held by the elastic cord. If you want to secure them lift up the flap and pull the cord into the fastener. Quite like mine, certainly easier on the neck. Keep an eye out on the tensioners on the sides working loose.

Ah, ok. Hah, agree, they look a bit like those Bjorn baby harness things you lug the little ones around in. Maybe you could fit a gralloched munty in there.
    But you think they're worth it or a bit overkill?

Mine I have to say are back in the box on top of the wardrobe...

Got my camo ones from an SD member on here ,after years of bino harness I rate these far better and protect lenses from rain .a good purchase especially if you own binos
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Mine I have to say are back in the box on top of the wardrobe...
    why is that? what are you using as an alternative, another harness?

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    why is that? what are you using as an alternative, another harness?
    I just use the standard strap and the flip over fabric cover on my swaro's, just a lot easier less faffing. I wear then over head and one sholder so they sit to my side and find there safe and out the way there. Also when in a vehicle I can just pick them up and glass rather than faffing about.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    I just use the standard strap and the flip over fabric cover on my swaro's, just a lot easier less faffing. I wear then over head and one sholder so they sit to my side and find there safe and out the way there. Also when in a vehicle I can just pick them up and glass rather than faffing about.
    can you buy the swaro flip over fabric covers separately. I have a pair of leica geovids

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    can you buy the swaro flip over fabric covers separately. I have a pair of leica geovids
    Yes they come seperate but there tailered for Swaro's me thinks.

Dont give up on a harness until you've tried one though, I didnt get on with it but im sure plenty of people swear by them.