Bl**dy Fences ! - poor fence design ?

craigievarkiller

hungbuck.jpg

Came across this poor fella this morning. The top barbed wire is SO high I think that the buck had tried to jump through the large gap between it and the run of rabbit netting below it and got his antlers caught up. Real shame because he looked a promising young buck too. Charlie has been at the haunches but he is in for a bit of a surprise tonight :-/

CVK

Awful to see, but by the angle of the neck and the lack of obvious struggling, I'm guessing it would have been a relatively swift death hopefully?:(
MS

That's a damn shame.
I've had a dog or two get hung up like that when I've been out shooting.It really should be possible to sort something.I wonder how many deer a year end their days like this or a permanently injured as a result of getting snagged in a fence?

it all to common iam afraid ,I am supprised that they can still put up a fence like that POOR DESIGN and not much thought for the wild life .or maybe theres more thought to that than we would like to think ?

Awful to see, but by the angle of the neck and the lack of obvious struggling, I'm guessing it would have been a relatively swift death hopefully?:(
MS

I too would have hoped for that but neck not broken so Im not so sure. Both front feet pushed through rabbit netting so unfortunately looks like there was some kind of struggle :(

If you had to enter a competition for crap fence design of the year that would be a very good entry!

First time I've seen a roe deer caught by the neck like that in a normal two strand stock fence to be honest... usually the back legs. Poor little bugger :(

Last edited:
Poor sod, did you cut him out Craig or did you leave him? Not that he will last long anyway with the scavengers!

Poor sod, did you cut him out Craig or did you leave him? Not that he will last long anyway with the scavengers!

'Charlie' had been at his haunches so left him hanging where he was. Phoned the keeper and he was going to sit out for him at night with his new NV kit :)

Night night 'Charlie'

C

Back