Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captive bolt humane killer.

Captive bolt humane killer.

Morning all, looking for a used captive bolt humane killer, pistol type. Drop me a pm if you have one please.

Thanks
    Leon
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

There's 2 on Guntrader, one in Hampshire and one in Derbyshire.
    MS

mike Dickinson at calton moor range has them, 01538 308697

I have 3? I forget. One of the Brno ones Mike Dickinson sells, a reasonably old A&S and a very old A&S. The Brno one packs a good punch and will kill a big cow easily. I've shot dozens with mine. Tend to use the little .22 ones for sheep.

The comparative cost of the Brno and the A&S makes it a 'no brainer'. For larger animals the pistol grip is a disadvantage.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    For larger animals the pistol grip is a disadvantage.
    How so?

Alan

Remember Newton? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. With the 'cylinder' style bolt guns you hold the body - once you make contact with the head it either fires itself or pull the trigger in a smooth motion. The recall is straight back towards you - this is noticeable with a 9mm blank!

The pistol grip wants to flip the muzzle up and inexperienced operators can find the bolt bends or it puts more force through the wrist.

I'm not a fan of .22 blank driven ones for larger animals, but it can be done.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Remember Newton? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. With the 'cylinder' style bolt guns you hold the body - once you make contact with the head it either fires itself or pull the trigger in a smooth motion. The recall is straight back towards you - this is noticeable with a 9mm blank!

The pistol grip wants to flip the muzzle up and inexperienced operators can find the bolt bends or it puts more force through the wrist.

I'm not a fan of .22 blank driven ones for larger animals, but it can be done.
    Thank you!

Alan

Hi leon
    give me a ring , we have them in stock it comes with a case , blanks , and were to shoot different stock instructions . all for 225

tel 01538 308697

all the best
    mike

ZEISS PRO STALKER

Might be a silly question but what will it be used on