The fun begins

pw7x57

I have just picked up a HWV from Cardiff and she is 16 weeks old. It;s been quite a few years since I have owned a dog so let the fun begin.

Rusa16weeks15.jpg

Rusa16weeks22.jpg

Rusa16weeks8.jpg

I have named her Rusa after the Rusa deer on the islands of Java.

ATB Paul

lovely pup mate , good luck with the training. iv,e been thinking of getting a gwp but they seem to be a bit thin on the ground in n.ireland :cry:

Thanks for that. I know of a lot of people with GWPs and they work well. Good hunting.
Paul

I wish you all the best mate thats a nice looking puppy .my HWV is getting to the end of his working days and if you get half the fun and commitment i have had you will be onto a real winner.

Don't worry pw the wire will come and we need to keep it to what the standard is and that is wire haired not woolly or long. The problem is to many woolys still come out of this breed and to many smoothies so it is very hard to pic a pup from a litter. My advice would always be pic the smooth pup with the slightest of wire just noticeable on the face he should be whats required.

buckgetsbuck.jpg

This is what a wire viz should look like ;)

Mudman get that pour bugger stripped out he will look real smart and feel better in his self and carry less parasites in the summer ;) Nice dog mate

P1010324.jpg

I am sure he would have only found one had i not stripped him out :lol:

Hi all this is my bitch amber at 12 week 8 month old and at 18 month old note the change in her coat..
080.jpg
[/img]
089.jpg
187-1.jpg
[/img]

Thanks for all the replies. Great looking pictures, the dogs look brilliant. Such a variety of coats. Mine I think will be a smooth haired, hopefully with a bit of wire, time will tell.
ATB Paul

She looks a beauty Paul, hope you'll get on well.

Looks like your planning a bit of competition shooting for the summer by that stack of Eley boxes in the background?!

Thanks Wingers243. The boxes of cartridges are not mine they belong to a friend I was visiting.

Just for the ones who are interested this is the original Amber she was an import and the first ever WHV to be used for stalking deer and at this point in time there were only six in this country.
She was a woolly but it certainly did not stop her excelling at the job of locating finding or blood trailing.

amberdeer1basic.jpg

Yes mate she was the mother of my now 10 year old dog. I got here from an import bitch that was imported already in pup. and it looks like this time i will change breeds as i wont pay the type of money they are asking for a working dog. Still great dogs but for me don't work long enough the bitch die at 11 and my dog is starting to fade ab it and hes ten. :cry:

Thats grand. how much did you pay for her when thay first come in to the country. and what breed do you think you will get next for your stalking dog ??? what part of the country are yo from??

I payed £300 pounds i bred a littler in 2001 and charged for mine £350 giving any one that had to travel a long way a reduction of the £50 to cover expenses. I insisted they all went to working homes. They all did the wirevizsla is a very young breed and needs to be kept working or it will quickly die out. They are very appealing dogs and the pet market will pay hundreds for one. Just as they will pay hundreds for a cross breed like a labradoodle. Big lad i will go back to my working terriers i am having a mid life crisis i think :lol: :lol:

Back