Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why the hell

Why the hell

As you may probably guessed we now have a cracking litter of HVs so what is the fixation with having a bitch pup? I know that if anything happened to our girls I would be happy to take a dog pup if that was all I could find. All of our bitch pups are endorsed anyway so no bugger is going to use our lttle ones as breeding machines. In all the years we have had them they have all done the job, boys and girls so before I let a bitch go they get a good old beating. Incidentaly if you are a SD member you will qualify for slightly better treatment but we have no bitches left anyway.

We wanted a puppy. My wife would have preferred a dog. I didn't want an extra willy in the house. I won for once and we got a bitch.

(nothing to do with breeding - I will spay her)

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I can't speak for others but when i get my next dog i want a bitch as of the two dogs I've had (male and female) I felt I had a closer bond with the bitch and my Mrs had a closer bond with the dog. This may be more to the individual animals but it's enough to make me want a bitch again.

I had Springer dog. Very good at retrieving, would go into anything, water brambles etc but my god so headstrong and difficult to control. Had a bitch after that, and she was a lot easier to control. If I were to get another dog I think I would get another bitch from past experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I can't speak for others but when i get my next dog i want a bitch as of the two dogs I've had (male and female) I felt I had a closer bond with the bitch and my Mrs had a closer bond with the dog. This may be more to the individual animals but it's enough to make me want a bitch again.
    same here... horses and cats also......

Forgive my ignorance but by endorsed do you mean a new owner could never breed from her (without your permission) or only if they get all the vet checks etc and she is of a suitable temperament/personality and the right dog to mate with?

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but by endorsed do you mean a new owner could never breed from her (without your permission) or only if they get all the vet checks etc and she is of a suitable temperament/personality and the right dog to mate with?
    What it actualy means is that any puppies bred by them from that bitch would not be elligable for kennel club registration. The majority of responsible breeders adopt this procedure to prevent as far as they can those puppies being used as breeding machines in puppy farms. However an edorsement is not set in stone and if a buyer at some stage wishes to have a litter from their bitch as long as I am satisfied that the outcome of the proposed mating will be satisfactory I will lift the endorsement. Hope that helps to answer your question.
    ATB
    John.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it was along the lines of what you just clarified.

We've got 8 bitches at home so thats the perfectly valid reason we'd want a bitch.
    Ive got a lab puppy with an endorsement on it but the breeder will lift it if we get hips and eyes done when and if we decide to breed. Seems like a great idea- id never heard of it before.

Its a buyers market !! , if someone is paying £8-900 for a puppy then they are entitled to choose what sex they would like . If you do not have a bitch puppy available
    then there are around 16 litters on the kennel club puppy list .