Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's because I've been ill lately, but I bought another 243.....

Maybe it's because I've been ill lately, but I bought another 243.....

Or maybe because it was a smoking good price?
    Bought a Winchester Model 70 SA (short action, claw extractor, Featherweight-style walnut stock) for $300 today. It has seen some rough handling but is mechanically perfect. It's going to end up another caliber. I have a semi heavy Winchester 308 barrel that would probably turn up but I think I want something a little different. That will be in a while. Too many projects on hand. I may shoot it as it is for a bit.....~Muir

When fully recovered you'll find Blaser chamber in 243 and one or two other more 'interesting' calibres.

You know deep down its going to happen!

Get well soon

K

A Featherweight for 300 bones , I'd buy it too for that price .......... now all you need is a 358 reamer and a decent barrel ........ and my mailing address so you can send it to me when your finished he he.

Thanks in advance , Steve

hope you get better soon, you cant beat a bit of retail therapy

Muir
    I bet you could organize SD trips to your house to see your gun room !

as it holds I bet more than most shops here would ever stock.... That & your ammo reloading stuff!!!!

couple that with a free BBQ with some o they whitetail steaks you posted bout ages ago ..... Think bout it you could make a killing !!!!!
    you could buy any blaser you wanted !!!!.......

incidentally do you know exactly how many rifles you own ? .... I'm curious :-) & jealous

paul

Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    A Featherweight for 300 bones , I'd buy it too for that price .......... now all you need is a 358 reamer and a decent barrel ........ and my mailing address so you can send it to me when your finished he he.

Thanks in advance , Steve
    LOL! He said as much to me about a .358 last night in an e-mail. Hmmm...I have the reamer and his blank...

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    Muir
    I bet you could organize SD trips to your house to see your gun room !

as it holds I bet more than most shops here would ever stock.... That & your ammo reloading stuff!!!!

couple that with a free BBQ with some o they whitetail steaks you posted bout ages ago ..... Think bout it you could make a killing !!!!!
    you could buy any blaser you wanted !!!!.......

incidentally do you know exactly how many rifles you own ? .... I'm curious :-) & jealous

paul
    No, he has no idea how many; save his normal response ""More than I need, but not as many as I want."

Quote Originally Posted by MarinePMI View Post
    LOL! He said as much to me about a .358 last night in an e-mail. Hmmm...I have the reamer and his blank...

No, he has no idea how many; save his normal response ""More than I need, but not as many as I want."
    I've got a minty 1910 Ross if somehow it gets " misplaced " on completion ....... if you know what I mean . It's for his own good , he's a sick man .

AB

Quote Originally Posted by alberta boy View Post
    I've got a minty 1910 Ross if somehow it gets " misplaced " on completion ....... if you know what I mean . It's for his own good , he's a sick man .

AB
    He has too many guns, too much ammo and not enough time .

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Ouch, Muir, though for a minute you had bought a Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    He has too many guns, too much ammo and not enough time .

John
    Especially lately...