Thread: Prices on guns and bits and bobs advice please

Prices on guns and bits and bobs advice please

Hi all
    new to the forum but have lurked for awhile now, but time to post on some advice.
    Looking at getting a sako 85 hunter in 30-06 plus s&b 2.5-10x56 illumintaed plus a jetz mod...can anyone advise of where the best/cheapest place would be to get these at a good price. Many thanks all
    Nick

Very nice package that will do anything you want - for the rest of your stalking career.

I would tend to start by talking to the Sportsman - not necessarily because they will be cheap on the rifle (only make about 5% so not much room for movement) but because they have chance to move on the rest of the package.

If that pricing does not please you - at least you have a base line you can use for comparison.

Rgds

Ian

Nick,
    I'll second Ian's remarks, good choice!
    I'm sure that there will be some that tell you this rifle is better or that rifle is better,you go with a rifle that suits your needs.
    Try as many as you can to see if they suit your style of shooting/mounting, fit is as important as all the other factors put together.
    You did not mention mounts, buy the best mounts you can afford,there is nothing that makes an accurate gun innaccurate, as bad mounts..

Your choice of caliber, scope and rifle should suit your style of stalking.
    There is no such thing as "one gun does it all".

regards
    griff

Griff, If anyone has tried them all it's you , you have a different / new toy each time I see you, how is the healing going? 8)

Give Keith a ring at Forward Diving.. Poole

Also has an engineering pal that does a great job of machining for the Jet Z

Great choice as has already been commented..

Terry

Finnbear,
    how can I give an honest opinion of something if I haven't tried it.
    Healing is coming along just fine, another month or so before I get the cannon out..
    There is one deer in particular that better pack its bags,its days are numbered..

regards
    Griff

Hi all
    thanks for all the replies much appreciated.
    Scope mounts I'd be going for are the leupold QR bases plus rings, seem to have a good return to zero.