Thread: I could cry!

I could cry!

Having sold kit and a number of rifle setups that I quite liked but didn't really need in order to spend more than I would normally on a new rifle. Then having the arrival delayed due to main dealer delays and import complications. 3 to 4 weeks on and still being patient, I made a phone call to the main dealer and the pallet has arrived with him within half hour of me calling. He checks my order details. All the specs match what I ordered .... until I ask, threaded with 14x1 with spiggot? .... ah! no! 15x1 without spigot as this is now the size of thread by the factory!

I could cry. Its only a small detail but I really did like the idea of having that extra safety of the spiggot. I certainly don't want to wait even longer for a rethread and proof and I also wanted to shoot a competition with it which is only a matter of weeks away.

I suppose it is more irritating because spending as much as I am I really want exactly what I ordered!

Thanks for listening. I feel better already!

Doesn't 14x1 and spiggotted seriously limit your options?

I thought Blaser came in 15x1 spig and speaking to a moderator maker he said it drove him nuts having such a specific fitting

When I purchased my M03 I had great difficulty getting what I ordered delivered. As for time table promises, forget it. I had expected it might change with the ditching of the previous distributor but it would seem not.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Doesn't 14x1 and spiggotted seriously limit your options?

I thought Blaser came in 15x1 spig and speaking to a moderator maker he said it drove him nuts having such a specific fitting
    Blaser and Mauser now 15x1 as standard apparently. Something to do with making their muzzle brake a universal size.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

No reason a decent smith couldn't re-cut to M14 spigot, no need to shorten or re-crown.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    No reason a decent smith couldn't re-cut to M14 spigot, no need to shorten or re-crown.

Neil.
    I know but I've been waiting long enough for it! I have a competition in just over two weeks that I was hoping to have worked up a homeload for but if I want to use it now it will have to be factory ammo. Moderator will be 15x1 so that pretty much decides it really!