I could cry!

Tackleberry270

Having sold kit and a number of rifle setups that I quite liked but didn't really need in order to spend more than I would normally on a new rifle. Then having the arrival delayed due to main dealer delays and import complications. 3 to 4 weeks on and still being patient, I made a phone call to the main dealer and the pallet has arrived with him within half hour of me calling. He checks my order details. All the specs match what I ordered .... until I ask, threaded with 14x1 with spiggot? .... ah! no! 15x1 without spigot as this is now the size of thread by the factory!

I could cry. Its only a small detail but I really did like the idea of having that extra safety of the spiggot. I certainly don't want to wait even longer for a rethread and proof and I also wanted to shoot a competition with it which is only a matter of weeks away.

I suppose it is more irritating because spending as much as I am I really want exactly what I ordered!

Thanks for listening. I feel better already!

Doesn't 14x1 and spiggotted seriously limit your options?

I thought Blaser came in 15x1 spig and speaking to a moderator maker he said it drove him nuts having such a specific fitting

When I purchased my M03 I had great difficulty getting what I ordered delivered. As for time table promises, forget it. I had expected it might change with the ditching of the previous distributor but it would seem not.

Doesn't 14x1 and spiggotted seriously limit your options?

I thought Blaser came in 15x1 spig and speaking to a moderator maker he said it drove him nuts having such a specific fitting

Blaser and Mauser now 15x1 as standard apparently. Something to do with making their muzzle brake a universal size.

No reason a decent smith couldn't re-cut to M14 spigot, no need to shorten or re-crown.

Neil. :)

No reason a decent smith couldn't re-cut to M14 spigot, no need to shorten or re-crown.

Neil. :)

I know but I've been waiting long enough for it! I have a competition in just over two weeks that I was hoping to have worked up a homeload for but if I want to use it now it will have to be factory ammo. Moderator will be 15x1 so that pretty much decides it really!

Back