The Lad strikes again

Its some weeks now since the lad I've been taking out shot his first roe (doe).
tonight he got his first buck:D
He sent me a text a few days ago to see if he could come out with me I told him I intended to look for fox tonight he still wanted to come .We went to where the farmer old me he had seen a fox on a few evenings lately, unfortunatelyP1040018.jpg he had not cut the grass and no way could I see or get close without disturbing everything. If he wants that fox shooting I will have to borrow his very large tractor and use it as a high seat.
A few fields further on a buck was working along a hedge so I gave the lad his chance.
He elected to work along a hedge to intercept him after a vary slow stalk the buck leapt up and bolted at the shot dropping after 50 yds to a lung shot.

Next step is for him to do a complete gralloch

:tiphat:
Congrats the the young'un and yourself for taking him out with you.
You do know that you have opened a can of worms now and will get pestered and pestered :D

:tiphat:
Congrats the the young'un and yourself for taking him out with you.
You do know that you have opened a can of worms now and will get pestered and pestered :D

Yea Its weekly but then he is just happy to come out regardless of the chance of a shot in fact we have spent more time just watching than attempting to shoot. can now tell me which are old ,young, bucks, does etc he is more of a deer stalker than some I know not just a man with a rifle if you know what I mean.

I would like to find someone else to take him out a few times as I think it would be good for him to learn other Ideas
and ways.

Back