Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dsc1 this weekend

Dsc1 this weekend

Got my dsc1 this weekend, my head is spinning with the questions I have been through, poor wife been testing me most evening for the past 7 weeks, think I'm on the right track with the questions, been praticeing the shooting at 100 of the by pod, 70 sitting of sticks, and 40 of sticks standing, the only one I'm worried about is sitting at 70 yd off sticks, I'm shooting a 2" shoot n see and can get all with in a inch of each other in the target but can't seem to keep steady, any other tips and how big is the target on the day??

dont panic you will be ok ,keep your breathing steady you will be fine
    DONT START

Target area is quite big but not easily seen. If you know your chest kill zone you will have no trouble.

You will be fine, just take your time. Good luck

Cheers guys, I'll keep ya posted on how it's going

Where are you doing it Jay? I'm doing mine this weekend with Gap 180.

same here see you there feller

Quote Originally Posted by pinguisgod View Post
    Where are you doing it Jay? I'm doing mine this weekend with Gap 180.

On the Roe target there is a faint white circle, which you will not see unless very close. The trick is to find the front leg on the target and come up the middle of this and once in the centre of the target take the shot. The kill zone is quite big on the target.

As others have said, take your time, squeeze the trigger whilst breathing out. You will be fine, and enjoy the course.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by jayy2 View Post
    Got my dsc1 this weekend, my head is spinning with the questions I have been through, poor wife been testing me most evening for the past 7 weeks, think I'm on the right track with the questions, been praticeing the shooting at 100 of the by pod, 70 sitting of sticks, and 40 of sticks standing, the only one I'm worried about is sitting at 70 yd off sticks, I'm shooting a 2" shoot n see and can get all with in a inch of each other in the target but can't seem to keep steady, any other tips and how big is the target on the day??

Jayy

if you have been revising for 7 weeks you will pass easily. I decided to do mine at last minute and only had a week to revise, I passed fine. If you are a regular shooter you will also be ok with the targets, so best of luck and enjoy. I found it a good experience and met some like minded folk.

Best of luck.

p

Relax and enjoy, you will have a good weekend and meet lots of people. The shooting part is just a bit of fun and I'm sure you will have no problems!