Kestrel update

thomas

As of the last few days I now have six healthy chicks:D

Sorry about the pic but the glass is already a little dirty to say the least!

ATB

T

Thanks Thomas for the update, your one lucky chap.
Six little well fed chicks produce a lot of s###.
Maybe for next year you could get one of those magnetic window cleaner that you can use from the opposite side.
Please keep us posted.
Steve

As of the last few days I now have six healthy chicks:D

Sorry about the pic but the glass is already a little dirty to say the least!

ATB

T

Hi Thomas,

Would love to see an update if you have a chance, must have fledged or be mighty close.

Thanks Steve

+1.
I've noticed we have got a Kestrel hunting really hard on the grassland around the bridge here so I am assuming(possibly incorrectly) that there may be a brood somewhere close.Not heard the chicks when I've been out and about but there's time ;)

Very nice :) thanks for posting , had a pair of peregrines successfully hatch off 2 chicks at my work it's been great watching them through the Binos

As of yesterday afternoon 3 chicks fledged and left the nest and 3 were still sat on the edge waiting to go. There seemed to be little difference between the chicks in size and development this year, last years brood were definitely staggered and fledged with a good week or so between first and last. It would be lovely to think that all 6 could make it through to breed next year!

ATB

T

It would be lovely to think that all 6 could make it through to breed next year!

ATB

T

Thanks Thomas, I think we're all with you on that.
To be so close to something as fantastic as you have witnessed is truly a privilege, and thanks again for sharing.
Steve

Back