Toyota recall

Wingy

Just received a recall notice through the post saying that my Hilux is in the affected vehicle range (it doesn't specify what that range is) but mine is a 2007 (57) plate. The problem is due to a clip on the airbag wiring system that could cause the drivers airbag to fail or become deactivated.
I've had my Hilux from new so still receive dealer paperwork etc but if anyone out there has a second hand Toyota (not necessarily a Hilux) it could be worth a phone call to make sure yours is not affected. A help line number of 08008766750 or email toyota@vehiclerecalls.co.uk
Was provided.
Safe driving. Wingy

It's the spiral squib in the steering wheel housing I had mine fixed a week ago my air bag light had been on for over a year job done and a free valet as well

I have had the same notice, when i bought my Hilux 4 years ago on a 56 plate the airbag light was on, bought it in Reading, my local Toyota garage in Exeter replaced the unit but i assume i will still have to take it in sometime.
Cheers
Richard

My understanding with recalls is that the company (Toyota or whoever) who does a safety recall will contact DVLA and ascertain details of all current owners of affected vehicles and then inform them. so in theory at any rate, it shouldn't matter whether you bought from a Toyota dealer or have one second hand from that feller in the pub. So long as you register it in your name, of course.

Your opinion Tacko but my Defender is still valued at 70+% of what i paid for it and they sell strongly.. does that apply to Rice Buggies?

like your shotguns eh!

I've had both 'rice buggies' and LR products , off road with the same tyres , nothing in it ! on road for comfort and reliability land rover are a joke !

and yes my 'rice buggie' is worth what I paid for it some years ago !

My shotguns are appreciating but as for Japanese stuff i won't be buying any of that tat cos the wee beggars put bamboo shoots under my Grandads finger nails.

My shotguns are appreciating but as for Japanese stuff i won't be buying any of that tat cos the wee beggars put bamboo shoots under my Grandads finger nails.

I fully agree with you about the japs and I'd love to buy indian but I'm afraid that until LR sort out their reliability they won't get any more of my money........

Back