Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remy recall

Remy recall

Chaps,

My wife's Remy 700 has been subject to the recent trigger related recall. I spoke to my local dealer the other day and he reckons there will possibly be a long delay in getting the rifle back, I relayed this to her and she now is deciding which one my rifles she is robbing for the foreseeable...

I heard that Riflecraft are dealing with the recall which is good news as you know you will get a good service with close attention to detail. However, given the shear number of rifles that are under recall, I am concerned that the time delay will be unduly long.
    Don't suppose anyone out there knows any more detail and has any idea what the turn round time for the recall is likely to be ??

Thanks in advance,

Darren

Two years to infinity at least.

Recent posts on this and other websites suggest that Riflecraft have a waiting list of about 350 rifles at the moment and are still waiting for the first replacement trigger units to come from the U.S. The U.K. will probably be a fair bit down the wait list. Why don't you contact Remington U.K. (SMK) or Riflecraft to find out straight from the horse's mouth as it were rather than rely upon speculation and rumour from other shooters. who with the best will in the world are only guessing.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

A pal of mine rang...he wished he didn't...half an hour later, after being talked at about long range shooting...yawn...he was no further forward...but he could of had a new rifle built.

Just put a decent trigger kit on and be done with it.
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.

Quote Originally Posted by tedster View Post
    Just put a decent trigger kit on and be done with it.
    Reckon that's the road I'd be going down if involved.

Still reckon they are blowing smoke about the real reason for the problem. (Too much "Bonding Agent" my ar*e)
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Still reckon they are blowing smoke about the real reason for the problem. (Too much "Bonding Agent" my ar*e)
    Are you referring to the guy at Riflecraft my pal spoke too...he was certainly trying to bond with him.
    Last edited by Jager SA; 24-05-2014 at 12:39.

I spoke to SMK 4 weeks ago when they said the triggers would be here in three to four weeks, and I would be contacted by four weeks !
    I will be calling them Tuesday and giving them 7 day days notice verbal and written to replace my trigger, and if not, I will be starting a small claims court action to recover the cost of a Jewell trigger unit inc fitting

Quote Originally Posted by splash View Post
    I spoke to SMK 4 weeks ago when they said the triggers would be here in three to four weeks, and I would be contacted by four weeks !
    I will be calling them Tuesday and giving them 7 day days notice verbal and written to replace my trigger, and if not, I will be starting a small claims court action to recover the cost of a Jewell trigger unit inc fitting
    I think that you will be wasting your time splash for the following reasons;

1. Did you buy your rifle directly from SMK?
    The person that you had/have a contract with is the actual person or company that you bought from and not the importers or their agents unless of course they gave you a personal guarantee in which case things may be slightly different..

2. Is your rifle faulty or defective?
    The recall is only precautionary so unless you can actually prove that it is faulty or unsafe to use you will be on a bit of a sticky wicket.

3. If it was faulty and the trigger needed to be replaced then you could only justify replacing it with something similar and not something of much higher value.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I found the trigger issue a great excuse to trade it in for a Sako 85!
    Cheers Ted.

SACS Member. DSC 1.