"Lee Classic Loader" on you tube

Trufflehunting

This looks simple and looks like I could do it
Any one already using this, at £25ish it looks attractive.
What else would I need
Seems to be plenty of cheap digital scales on ebay (£10 to £15)
digital vernier again plenty on ebay
What else would i require rather than a nice to have

There are lots of Digital calipers (as they don't have a vernier scale on them they cannto really be Verniers can they ;) ) however from some comments read soem of them are not very good with very short battery life. A friend in Alaska brought soem from Harbour Frieght and the battery lasts hours if left on :eek: yet I have a set of Mitoyo calipers that I brought in 1986 or so and they had one battery change so far but they do require a new one now the "B" symbol is showing.

If you search the web for companies like Cromwell Tools you can get a decent set of Digital calipers for little money really but these are meant for workshop use and are not the mickey mouse ones often found on e-bay ;)

I have one set that is only used for reloading, one set for general/workshop use and anew set for finer work. The Digital ones don't last very long when in constant use unlike the olf traditional hardened stell verniers by the likes of Chesterman, Ramone, Moore & Wright and Starrett. I have seen thse digital ones worn out in a workshop in under two years with just normal use with heavy use like on a double shift system operating they can be useless in six months.

I have no experience with digital scales and use beam ones myself.

Trufflehunting said:
This looks simple and looks like I could do it
Any one already using this, at £25ish it looks attractive.
What else would I need
Seems to be plenty of cheap digital scales on ebay (£10 to £15)
digital vernier again plenty on ebay
What else would i require rather than a nice to have

I use Lee Classic Loaders. I have them for every caliber I shoot, pretty much. In addition to the kit you'd need a Lee Trimmer stud and cutter and a deburring tool. I taught a fellow to load 30-06 on one of these two weeks ago. His groups at 50M (too much snow to set a target at 100M) were one hole. They are good stuff. Once you get into the flow of it you can produce quite a few cartidges in an hour. ~Muir

Here is a link to using the Lee.
http://www.jesseshunting.com/articles/guns/category8/117.html

hi caveman i baught mine from midway uk and it arrived this morning so will be having a go tonight mine was for 270 but they did have 6.5x55 as well.wayne

Is the Lee Classic Loader still available to buy? I'm after a 6.5x55

i bought one in 6.5x55 from aneBay site in the states, it was about £27 inc postage i seem to remember....they're definatly still available.
(posted as a gift by the sender without asking).

It does look well easy, i've not put mine to the test yet other than removing the old primers.

Jim

well first thing i did after getting home was to have a go read the destructions popped the primer out of the first case cleaned it and set the bullet depth to my starting legnth locked it down and ready to go then i did my first one well its a doddle but now i have to have tea ,i can say that it doesnt take that long and once i have done a few it will be great.i dont warrent getting anything else at the moment as i dont shoot that much and didnt want to spend a fortune to start with as i need binos and other stuff ,two thumbs up from me :D

This was shot with a .222 loaded with a Lee Loader.
222group5shotsRED072.jpg

That's 5 shots and 1" squares. They work well.~Muir

Back