Thread: quad plastics

quad plastics

I've smashed both the footwell plastics on my Yamaha Bruin 350... can't find any on the auction sites, was wondering if anyone knows someone who might have some for sale?

Thanks in advance

Si
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

How bad is the damage? If you have all the bits could you repair with resin?
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

One side I could get away with pop riveting a strip of aluminium over the crack but the other side is smashed into 8 pieces.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Si if you want to come over i could probably cut two out of ali for you to repair them

Nice offer Mark, I found these but they seem too cheap. I'm thinking the shipping is not included and there will probably be import duty too.

The #1 Online ATV & Quad Store - Shop With The Guys That Ride | MotoSport United Kingdom

yes as I suspected... shipping and duty brings it to 72.02
    Last edited by Si; 25-05-2014 at 21:13.

Si,
    I used this stuff when I had a spill on my motorcycle and replacement plastics were funny money. I was a bit sceptical at first but this really is super strong.

http://www.threebond.co.uk/Products/...B/Default.aspx

That was a couple of years ago and the repair is still going strong. You have to be very careful with the chemicals though and do not use the kitchen worktops!

one of my landowners has three blown quads parked up in a field I will see what make they are when I go there next.

Is there any point in fixing them? If u have broke them once good chance u wil break them again (assuming u weren't doing anything really stupid) the older bbig red's etc never had enclosed foot wells. Just keep ur toes pointing uphill. Or if ur worried about safety bodge some out of weld mesh
    Used to work with a fencer that had very little plastic left on his bike, been rolled that many times trying to carry stupid loads up hills where quad would of struggled empty

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Is there any point in fixing them? If u have broke them once good chance u wil break them again.
    I thought that but it does my head in every time I look at it now, it's 10yrs old but still in decent nick otherwise.

If it's just a tool i wouldnae bother esp at that age (althou know exactly how u feel, ripped both sides of my mudguards on my bike the now loading it on trailer only 6 month old too , done 1 side first week i had it got them riveted the now. Bloody annoyed as my bike is usually in cracking nick when i trade it in )

If u broke them going over something exceptionally rough that u probably shouldnae have took it over might be worth fixing, but if just on normal duties not worth it.
    Just got to mind and keep ur toes pointing up, can get a sore 1 if not concentrating (esp if ur used to the foot rests)