Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: .22 hornet mod

  1. #1

    .22 hornet mod

    Hi.
    I have a. 22 hornet ready and waiting and am just wondering what mods you guys use on yours. I dont really like over the barrel jobs.
    If the thread is right i will use my a tec cmm4 rimfire unless you guys can suggest a better not to expensive option
    regards pete

  2. #2
    Regular Poster Robb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of the East Saxons
    Posts
    415
    I personally use a Wildcat Cub 2 on my Hornet, Well made, Nice and light and does the job well, Another one to look at is a PES small muzzle can, i have never used one personally but have heard they are a good mod and also work well on the Hornet, I think HORNET 6 on here uses (or did) use one Both mods are end of barrel.

  3. #3
    Pes for sale on here excellent hornet mod

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Hi.
    I have a. 22 hornet ready and waiting and am just wondering what mods you guys use on yours. I dont really like over the barrel jobs.
    If the thread is right i will use my a tec cmm4 rimfire unless you guys can suggest a better not to expensive option
    regards pete
    just use a RF one, my mate has the same .22 mod on his hornet that I have on my .22lr ..

  5. #5
    I use a SAK rimfire mod on mine and it works well.

  6. #6
    Established Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    191
    I wouldn't use a rimfire mod on a hornet, there not proofed so why risk it. I had an over barrel hornet specific mod on mine and it was fantastic but I've no idea what make it was as I got the set up secondhand. My mate uses a dm80 which is great. Might sound strange but I think the hornet moderates better than a hmr, I only sold mine as I didn't have time to reload and couldn't get a decent supply of the same brand of factory ammo.

  7. #7
    I have tried plenty of different mods on my Hornet, from a Sac to a T8, a Sac is best for weight, and almost as quiet as the T8
    Small Pess muzzle cans are another one to look at, or do what I did and take yourself and your rifle off to see JMS arms and actually
    try every mod he has until you find the one you like most, I settled on the Mini-T over barrel one, quiet, no muzzle flash at night, good
    balance and light enough. Looking back on the last 2 years of using it I'm still happy with it, but also think I should maybe stayed with
    a sac, yes I would have burned a few out by now, but at 35 each as compared to the 230 for the one I have I could afford to.
    The Sac is almost as quiet and much lighter.

    Neil.

    Quote Originally Posted by bicykillgaz View Post
    I wouldn't use a rimfire mod on a hornet, there not proofed so why risk it.
    Most mods are not proofed, and as for a rimmy mod, well the Sac is designed for hornet down .22lr.
    I have used one, works great, but limited life, mine lasted about 500 rounds.

    Neil.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I have tried plenty of different mods on my Hornet, from a Sac to a T8, a Sac is best for weight, and almost as quiet as the T8
    Small Pess muzzle cans are another one to look at, or do what I did and take yourself and your rifle off to see JMS arms and actually
    try every mod he has until you find the one you like most, I settled on the Mini-T over barrel one, quiet, no muzzle flash at night, good
    balance and light enough. Looking back on the last 2 years of using it I'm still happy with it, but also think I should maybe stayed with
    a sac, yes I would have burned a few out by now, but at 35 each as compared to the 230 for the one I have I could afford to.
    The Sac is almost as quiet and much lighter.

    Neil.



    Most mods are not proofed, and as for a rimmy mod, well the Sac is designed for hornet down .22lr.
    I have used one, works great, but limited life, mine lasted about 500 rounds.

    Neil.

    Personally , I thought the SAK on the hornet was poor and very noisy

    The SAK on my old Hornet was totally f--ked after about 300 shots.. even after 100 rounds I noticed the first couple of baffles in the stack were seriously damaged. after 300 bits of baffle were missing... You can just imagine if a piece of baffle fell down your barrel and then you fire a bullet at 3000 fps over it.

    I would go for a ASE SL5 or the ASE CQBS - both of them excellent mods that can be use on other CF that you might have to


    More info here -- http://www.aseutra.fi/jet-z-cqb-and-cqbs-suppressor

    ATB
    Alan
    Last edited by sir-slots-alot; 26-05-2014 at 10:48.

  9. #9
    Established Poster
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    191
    Sak are not proofed for hornet, they maybe was but now their only sold for use upto hmr/wmr Jackson Rifles - rimfire and air rifle silencers. I might be wrong but I thought all mods had to be proofed for use on their appropriate calibre for fac rifles if they were being sold as an fac mod. A sak might be ok but you'll have no comeback if you knacker your gun or face!

  10. #10
    Thanks for the replies. Do you think the a tec i have would get burnt as its only ali. It is rated for hornet according the manufactorers web site. I also have my atec cmm4 for my 308 which will obviously cope with the amount of hot gas but may not be as quiet.

Similar Threads

  1. 22 Hornet vs 22K Hornet
    By GOMX in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 02:56
  2. Wanted 22 HORNET or K Hornet
    By FlyBoy270 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 08:02
  3. Brno fox mod 22 hornet set trigger query
    By yozzer1982 in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 12:15
  4. Wanted Mod for a .22 hornet
    By multiman in forum Firearms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-08-2012, 20:18
  5. .22 Hornet mod and barrel length
    By THE GRIFF in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 19:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •