Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on light reflection from mod

Advice on light reflection from mod

Hi guys seeking a little advice , I have a scope mounted torch/lamp for my big rifle but I am struggling to use it as I have T8 moderator and I get reflection back from it when I look through the scope is there any way I can stop this as it is a right pain holding a lamp and taking a shot at the same time if you have nothing to lean on. I use the same thing on my .22 but i get very little reflection from my parker-hale mod on that.

Thank in advance

David.

Insulation tape strip across bottom third of objective lens / a short length of plastic fishing rod tube over same / under barrel mounted lamp / second man with lamp off to one side, have a search on here this came up a while back & had some great easy fixes posted. Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks mate

I have tried changing the position of the lamp but it makes no difference and I cannot put it under the barrel due to the bipod and if I attach it to the barrel itself I think it might put the zero'in wrong (I could be wrong and just me being paranoid)
    Last edited by Tulloch; 26-05-2014 at 07:58.

Put a neoprene cover on the mod

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Put a neoprene cover on the mod

Al
    Does that actually help was'nt sure if the reflection was from the top of the mod or the back face of the mod. Thanks Al got one on its way well hopefully as it was bought on fleebay on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
    Does that actually help was'nt sure if the reflection was from the top of the mod or the back face of the mod. Thanks Al got one on its way well hopefully as it was bought on fleebay on Saturday
    My Napier neoprene covers the back face of the moderator too so shouldn't have a problem with it reflecting back, just don't keep it on when zeroing or firing a few rounds because after 7-8 it will melt and stick to the mod

David

camo tape,5 a roll take, it off and on as often as you like

I used to get light reflection back from the foresight & mod on a rifle - I got rid of it by sticking some black velcro (just the wooly half) onto the back face of the mod & onto the back face of the fore sight ramp It absorbs the light & stops the reflection. Another trick is to use a cover over the mod that extends past the back end of it & is gathered a bit. A length of bmx bike inner tube works for this too as the material tends to shrink down a bit when fitted.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    I used to get light reflection back from the foresight & mod on a rifle - I got rid of it by sticking some black velcro (just the wooly half) onto the back face of the mod & onto the back face of the fore sight ramp It absorbs the light & stops the reflection. Another trick is to use a cover over the mod that extends past the back end of it & is gathered a bit. A length of bmx bike inner tube works for this too as the material tends to shrink down a bit when fitted.

Ian
    good ideas