Thread: lowest qr picatinny rings?

lowest qr picatinny rings?

Hi,

does anyone know of any mounts that are lower than leupold qrw, think they are .730 from top of rail to center of the mounts according to there packaging or just under 6mm from the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope tube. Ive fitted a third eye tactical rail to my Sako Quad and with the low rings which are 30mm my 8x56 fits very well with about 2mm from the scope objective bell to the varmint barrel. I want to do the same for my .22 Quad but plan to put a 6x42 on it with 30mm tube. So Does any one know where I can get a set of lower qd mounts, or a lower profile than my T.E.T rail to help keep the scope as low as possible, I guess if I went for a 25mm tube this would bring the scope down 2.5mm?

Atb Matt

the difference I objective lenses is 62mm and 50mm plus the 2mm gap plus a bit more as its the standard barrel profile so overall I guess I'm looking for about 6-8mm lower.

Atb Matt

Its a long shot but have you considered asking T.E.T if they will make one to the height you require ive always found them to be really willing to help and they do make the mounts themselves on a Cnc so just a case of changing a few digits

it might take a couple of weeks to get it but it'll match what you have already which personally i like my rifles to be relatively matching with components gives a sense of familiarity

will have a think about it and see if anyone else comes with any other suggestions.

Atb Matt

How about Recknagels?

Alan Rhone Ltd - Recknagel | Scope Rings

Having bought the first pair in March, I've now got a couple of pairs of these and I'm well impressed by the quality and the repeatabilty.

Customer service from AR's is first class too!

When buying an EGW rail to fit my Tikka 595 from Kinneys I also ordered a DIProducts Sako Rail to Picatinny one-pece base to fit my Finnfire.... Sako Accessories - Kinney's Shooting Supply (Just tried to load this but it's very slow). The thickness of the rail above the dovetail is 5mm. Nice and well made......works by interference fit with 6 grub screws that s'be torqued to 6-8inch pounds to hold it in place without marking the rifle.

DIP wont ship to the UK but Kinneys will.

Sako stuff on DIP: Diversified Innovative Products - Products - Sako Quad & Finnfire

Cheers

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 26-05-2014 at 14:57.

cheers seems a D.I.P rail will save me about 4mm will see about ordering one from kinneys

Atb Matt

just ordered a D.I.P piccatinny rail from kinneys so I think ive lost 4mm in doing that over the T.E.T base I was planning to use on my .22 quad, so with any luck with the low mounts ill only be about 4-5mm off the barrel will see when it arrives.

Atb Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 09mutley05 View Post
    just ordered a D.I.P piccatinny rail from kinneys so I think ive lost 4mm in doing that over the T.E.T base I was planning to use on my .22 quad, so with any luck with the low mounts ill only be about 4-5mm off the barrel will see when it arrives.

Atb Matt

Nice one Matt!

atb

Fizz

The Weaver rings in Low size are about as low as you can get in a 1 inch tube.