New member, hi folks.

Birchlea

Good afternoon all.

I am a keen shooter with three shotguns (Lanber Sporter, Beretta Silver Pigeon and an old Spanish side-by-side) and two rifles (.22 Rimfire and a .17 HMR). I have recently moved to East Sussex and I'm keen to extend from rabbit control and the occasional fox to my DSC1 & 2.

My guns aren't very posh but they're functional and coupled with a Yukon Photon they help keep the rabbits from destroying my (small) home ground.

I intend to up the ante by buying a .243 but I'm not sure if the Sussex Constabulary will allow a .243 on a three acre plot. Maybe a high seat or two would help. Does anyone in the Sussex area have any tips? I am a BASC member with a few years in the military behind me so I don't think I'm too dodgy a candidate for an FAC Variation. A 'permission' or two would assist but I don't know the region very well at all so I'm not sure where to start.

Either way it's good to join you.

Nick (Birchlea)

Welcome on-board Nick, you are very lucky living in that area and having sikamalc with stalking grounds there. You will not go far wrong under his watch and you will always go away a better stalker.

Back