Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 Magazine Conversion

Remington 700 Magazine Conversion

Hi,

I am trying to find a long action Remington 700 magazine conversion kit. I have seen lots on offer, but have not yet seen one that is flush or nearly flush with the stock. Most protrude at least 1" or more.

Is there a magazine system for Remington 700 LA that does have a flush or nearly flush magazine.

Cheers

Hi
    H-S Precision make one and a company called Kwik Klip make one. The H-S are available through Viking Arms from your RFD. The Kwik Klip I got from Brownells. Now things have changed with regards to Imports I am not sure how to get one. Cabelas sell them also. www.trexlerindustries.com
    I have both and they both work very well.

Yorkie.

I phoned Viking a few weeks ago regarding an HS box mag for a rem LA. Unfortunately availability is poor as they are selling all they can to the US market. Brownells would ship to Uk with a load of paperwork. I have ended up going with an alternative that takes AICS mags

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Hi
    H-S Precision make one and a company called Kwik Klip make one. The H-S are available through Viking Arms from your RFD. The Kwik Klip I got from Brownells. Now things have changed with regards to Imports I am not sure how to get one. Cabelas sell them also. www.trexlerindustries.com
    I have both and they both work very well.

Yorkie.
    Cheers for the heads up, I will get in contact with Viking Arms to see if they may have some stock.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    I phoned Viking a few weeks ago regarding an HS box mag for a rem LA. Unfortunately availability is poor as they are selling all they can to the US market. Brownells would ship to Uk with a load of paperwork. I have ended up going with an alternative that takes AICS mags
    I will try my luck with Viking, I assume that the AICS solution you used, the mag still sits proud of the stock?

Viking Arms

Just spoke to Viking.

They are no longer the UK distributor of HS Precision products. They claimed they did not know who it is now. I am sure they do, but did not want to tell me.

Looking at the HS Precision website it still shows Viking as the UK importer?? They must need to update the list.

Anyone any ideas who it is now, I will call HS Precision later when they open if no one can confirm in the meantime.

I see third eye tactical are selling remmington 700 conversion kit .Don't know if that is any good to you.
    good people to deal with .

Quote Originally Posted by bob257 View Post
    I see third eye tactical are selling remmington 700 conversion kit .Don't know if that is any good to you.
    If the OP can live without a flush fitting mag its the one I would go for.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by bob257 View Post
    I like the third eye tactical design, I am getting one fitted to my 243.

For my new project, the 7mm Rem Mag, I wanted a flush mag system.

Remington make factory built rifles that have detachable magazines that are flush, or very nearly to the stock.

Does anyone know if you can get original Remington spare parts for "repairs". If you could this may be the best solution. Has anyone tried to do this?

The Remington DM is not interchangeable to a non-DM action. You could modify the action but I would not recommend it. It would be a permanent modification. Most of the aftermarket kits allow you to restore the rifle later should you decide to for any number of reasons.

SS

I'd be interested in than kwik klip if anyone can see one for sale that posts to the UK.