New members alert!

Beowulf

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have noticed that recently we have a lot of new names on the forum, so to these new members may I say; 'Welcome to the Stalking Directory'. It is the aim of the sites creator Rob Mac and its members to exchange knowledge and develop new friendships and stalking opportunities. We are a friendly bunch and would like you all to join in and help this site expand. Please feel free to ask any questions, no question is stupid!

May I ask you please to introduce yourselves, no pressure just a friendly hand of friendship and generally me being nosey!

Thank you Steve.F (Beowulf, Mr B, etc)

Beowulf, I can remember you getting right stroppy when someone recently asked a common /dopey question.
I do hope you are not baiting new members :lol:

only when he's had a drink poddle :lol:
but yes welcome to all new members and hope they enjoy this ste as much as i hav
stone

Please do not expect this site to help with your spelling.
Dispite being a very nice bunch of fellows, most of us can't spell for tish

Eh Stone?

Hi poddle,
I didn't mean to sound so sharp to that new member and i apologised straight after.

I have put this thread up because so many other welcomes have been sabotaged by trolls. The problem is that unless new members have a look through the post, people soon get tired of answering the same subject.
No offence Poddle by the way, I'm just trying to explain myself.

I welcome this welcome.

I have been welcomed before, but I thought I'd just say something so that you know I'm still here despite saying little.

Best regards

Dalua

Introduction

Beowulf your absolutely Right, how rude of me,
although i joined a few weeks ago i didnt bother to introduce myself, so here goes.
My Name is Stuart, i'm in my early thirties, I come from a shooting family and have been shooting in one form or another since i was a tot.
a traditional shooting background, caty-Airgun-shotgun-.22-centrefire.
I'm a recreational stalker having had a go about 5 years ago and got hooked, i like to try and stalk once a month if possible and i try and Lamp twice a week and perhaps get a walk around with the shotgun if work permits.i have tried Target fullbore shooting but it wasn't for me.
The last few years i've averaged around 80 foxes and about 300 rabbits but only a handfull of Deer.
My stalking experience is limited to Roe but i hope to broaden my horizens in the near future, Perhaps Fallow but i'm off to Sweden in March so maybe Boar or moose?
Member of BASC and BDS, Haven't done dsc1 yet but might do it in June if i can get the time off work.
Oh yeh and i'm in the dog house (which i share with a 7month old Lab called Max) because i forgot Valantines day and scratched the dining room table with my powder measure stand. ooops.
This is starting to sound like a internet dating intro.(probably)
Hope this covers it.

Ezzy.

Dalua said:
I welcome this welcome.

I have been welcomed before, but I thought I'd just say something so that you know I'm still here despite saying little.

Best regards

Dalua

just say welcome and its nice to see that you are looking and learning i hope , but hope to hear some of your experiences in the future ,may be with a few pics aswell
many regards stone

Poddle you little monkey! :lol:

Dalua and Ezzy its great to see that you are still up for it! Any chance that we will see you at the Quex Museum trip?

I can see that it's going to be one of those threads ....... ;)

Right, Marc, 35yrs old, living in South Lanarkshire and was told about this site by Billy Tomlinson (so it's all his fault!).

Lived in Essex for some years and regularly shot munties - i won't call it stalking because the farmers considered them vermin and i was to ignorant to realise different. Subsequently moved back to Scotland, completed the DSC1 (mainly to satisfy police etc) and now stalk in the Dumfries & Galloway and North Lanarkshire areas. I also enjoy wildfowling, fishing and pheasant, etc

Rifles:

Steyr SSG69 in 308win
Schmidt Rubin in 7.5 swiss
a few 22's
AI in 308win
Savage in 300win mag
Black powder pistol and a few shotguns.

:oops: I'm Mat and what I know about deer stalking could be written on a postage stamp :oops:

I am a target shooter wanting to get into Deer stalking, I blame the Dave channel and Ray Mears on loop... Was mostly 'lurking' for fact finding purposes until this thread... :D

I've got one of these: http://www.zediker.com/tubb/tubbgun.html
(not sure I'd want to carry it around though, it's 6.5 Kg and that's with iron sights) :lol:

Hello and welcome Scotsgun and Mat,
I can hand on heart say that you get what you put into this site. I was just about to jack stalking in completely until a fellow stalker told me of this site. I now have some great new friends and loads of stalking because of it! I say this to all new members, 'just get stuck in' we are not cliquey you are all invited to join in! Hopefully many members will meet up soon at the Quex Museum and CLA fair. All that we need now is a visit North of the Border, any suggestions?

This site has really taken off again please don't be discouraged by the occasional troll problem. Just enjoy the ride, its addictive! :lol:

I can only reiterate what has just been said. I was of the same thought, pack in, but i have and am still making some great friends on here, one of which has been rattling in my ear for 2 bloody hours tonight, :lol: but i can honestly say although i have yet to meet anyone from here, i feel as though i have known them for years.
I will be there at the museum looking forward to meeting up and having a few bevvies, this is all thanks to Beowulf, stone and malcom, for making me get more involved instead of sitting at the back. :oops:

Thanks guys

wadashot

No worries you northern monkey! ;) I had a good think about what we discussed on that two hour phone call. I would never go to a BDS or BASC 'do' because I would feel that I didn't belong there. I'd be very anxious about what was expected of be and what to say to people. This site is a great leveller and people can get together through this site on many levels. I have a good feeling about the future of this site. Its good to see a few of the old faces back too!

your right, what you see is what you get with us commoners, especially us northerners :lol:
No need for any ties or whistle and flutes, just jeans and a t shirt, no, would you like a drink, more like what tha avvin, a pint? :lol:

Back