Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it legal to sell ammunition?

is it legal to sell ammunition?

Advice appreciated:

Is it legal for a standard FAC holder (ie. not an RFD) to sell ammunition to another FAC holder (obviously provided the buyer has the appropriate authority on their ticket)?

Factory ammo is fine, as long as face-to-face. I've sold ammo with rifles that I've sold, and just entered the details onto the buyer's FAC
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

as above.
    Not an issue providing the transfer is recorded on their license. The only problem can be if you are perceived as selling regularly and it starts looking like are dealing in it with out the proper rfd authority.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    as above.
    Not an issue providing the transfer is recorded on their license. The only problem can be if you are perceived as selling regularly and it starts looking like are dealing in it with out the proper rfd authority.
    Iain
    Why ? - I can't see any problem as long as you have the authority to purchase the ammunition in the first place and all transfers are recorded on the purchasers FAC.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

+1

i have also gifted ammo that i have made for others and the same applies .

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Factory ammo is fine, as long as face-to-face. I've sold ammo with rifles that I've sold, and just entered the details onto the buyer's FAC
    Last edited by paul o'; 28-05-2014 at 14:25.

When I inquired about occasional transfers of reloaded ammo from me to other users of the same calibre I was told I would have to be an RFD.

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    When I inquired about occasional transfers of reloaded ammo from me to other users of the same calibre I was told I would have to be an RFD.
    Ah RELOADED that's a different matter. You can give it away but not a good idea to sell it normally.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Unless you have every batch of reloaded ammo proved, as in at the proof house, it is illegal to sell home loaded ammo.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

If you reload for someone else, get them to buy the bits, you put it together, they add it to their certificate and buy you a pint/bottle of wine etc or give £20 to your kids. Once you start making ammo for money, you are entering the realm of liability.

You misunderstand. If you are shifting factory ammo on a regular basis as opposed to casually then it might be perceived as trading hence the need for an rfd license.
    iain.