Doubling the Yukon Photon

Eric the Red

Just wondering whether anyone has tried fitting a PVS 3x lens on a Photon yet - and whether the results were any good.

I see lots of adapters on sale for doublers (although not at the moment) - are these a specific size to match a focal length or for another reason (thinking about the above).

Cheers

tried the yukon doubler (1.7x i think) and it made the field of view so small it was unbearable!!!

Hi Eric

i have been using mine out to a hundred with a NM 850 IR with no problem and to good effect

on a 22 LR and WMR I've got the sp3 extended battery and use en loop top line batteries

no graining and crystal clear

i think the doubler will effect the clarity and I heard, invalidate your warranty ?

i would try it with decent batteries and decent IR first and see what you think out to a 100 is very easy

Atb

phil

OK - so I have successfully mounted a PVS 3x lens on the Photon - picture quality seems very good indeed and I can get good focus from 20yrds out. Field of view is of course limited, but useful to know it can be done should the need arise for a longer range set of shots.

Back