Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail cams

Trail cams

Hi Guys,
    Need to put some trail cams up on a new permission so I can see deer movement etc.
    whats good,how far do they view ,costs, simple usage.
    any ideas, I hav'nt t put a budget as I'm being open minded at the mo.
    Cheers Steve.

I've used them for quite a while mate, I went for Bushnell trophy range, model was 119476 I think, cost about 180 well worth the time and effort though I use it at bait points for foxes. I will post a couple of vids later, one day one night so you can see quality. The one I uses the black (ir) LEDs so no flash.

My mate put his up on our permission for two weeks, it recorded plenty of activity from munties badgers and rabbits for the first 3 days and then nothing for 8 days, the last 2 days once again recoeding activity from munties and a badger.

Ian.

Bought mine from Scott Country. Great bit of kit and Scott country are great to deal with.

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the replies and vids, Looks like the Bushnell will fit the bill, I think Uttings are doing them at 159 at the mo I need about four so will see what they have.
    Cheers Steve

It was about this time last year that Aldi did their trail cameras - in fact I think it was the end of june

its normally about the same time every year

Quote Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
    It was about this time last year that Aldi did their trail cameras - in fact I think it was the end of june

its normally about the same time every year
    We bought one this year. It's taken thousands of photos already, and a few of them even have animals in them (not the 1012 photos of grass blowing around that we got off the card this morning though....).

I would seriously consider checking the Spypoint BF-8 before going down the Bushnell route, (we sell both)

I can count on one hand the number of Spypoint returns we have had, but with Bushnell i would need all the staffs hands and feet, some of the entry level models are woefully inadequate, and with interpolation applied their image quality vs reliability is not even close to Spypoint.

I spoke with Chris Packham again recently who was a die hard Bushnell fan, and has since moved to Spypoint and raves about them.

Alarm clock beats smartphone in list of gadgets we can't live without - Telegraph