A Morning with Ray Mears

Solwaystalker

Today was a bit different for myself and Jacob at Forrest estate , we had Ray Mears and his film crew for the morning
he,s in the area filming for itv , this morning looking at Red deer . We never got very close in on any , 100m was as close
as we managed but did get quite a bit on film out on the hill
Not too easy when your being followed by 6 people but still a very enjoyable morning
To be shown on tv in September View attachment 42651

Excellent, nice one Colin! You didn't make him crawl then? That Swazi smock looks far too clean! :D

If Ray Mears wants to see some Red deer he can always visit the Isle of Wight again, here's one that he missed last time that he was over here!

Wild Red deer Hind 30.4.14(3).jpg

atb Tim

A mate of mine meet him when on exercise in Norway , said he was a nice bloke but was not so keen on physical exertion :)

Thats pretty cool :)
5 years ago, I got tagged against a pic of Ray Mears on Facebook. That was my incentive to lose 3 stone ;) :D

Up and coming TV star now as well Col :lol: Did you book him in the B&B at Right Said Fred's :D

I actually really like his programs, he tells it like it is.
I have a colony of house sparrows currently nesting in my attic he is welcome to come and film. . :lol:

hes got a new program out now i watched first episode last night,on america and the mountain men ,i think the next will be the great plains,very good hes a good presenter and knows his business,

We had a good day , six hours filming , lots of stuttering and stammering from me, they said itl probably be cut to around 3 minute
in the programme , it will be interesting to see how it looks on film , he also did a bit on the stake nets on the Solway
He is a very down to earth , ordinary guy , i enjoyed our walk out , he seemed impressed with the estate and the way we do things and hopes
to get back to stalk at some point
Not so sure about the work shy part , he joined in carrying tri,pods etc , we probably walked 4 or 5 miles over rough ground
Like me he is actually a very fit looking guy , they say the camera adds on 10lbs:D

Oh i wondered where they ended up filming, they contacted me early April wanting to do the same, but i had to decline as the largest area i could take them that had reds on that i had permission to film on was 500 acres, i suggested they enquire on Exmoor for guaranteed filming of Red Deer in the South West of England.
Glad it worked out for you and can't wait to see the film.
Cheers
Richard

Back