Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: off stalking tomorrow evening

off stalking tomorrow evening

i haven't been out stalking for ages and have booked an evenings stalk for roe tomorrow.

really looking forward to getting out and will be out zeroing my rifle this evening!

Good luck...... Mulac

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i haven't been out stalking for ages and have booked an evenings stalk for roe tomorrow.

really looking forward to getting out and will be out zeroing my rifle this evening!
    anywhere interesting? good luck,
    DONT START

Wishing you luck artschool,

Let us know how it goes.

Me too not been out for awhile best of luck

looking forward to a write up, enjoy yourself

Good luck , i know the feeling Ive not been stalking since September last year myself, in fact only managed 5 or 5 nights lamping this year really need to pull my finger out and book something.

Where is it your going? Is it a semi local area. I'm moving to Chester in a few weeks and I'm wondering where I'll be able to go that Isn't too far away.
    Hope it goes to plan.

J

Good luck, I haven't been out for a while either and know the feeling when you are all ready prepared and alarm set.

A successful guided stalk! went out at 7pm with Jon and after a bit of scouting from the 4x4 with binos we sighted a number of roe does but no bucks!

we disembarked and moved the base of a small hill/meadow, Jon sighted a doe no more than 60yds away in a patch of vegetation. This wasn't an issue until a small buck appeared behind her further up the slope at about 190yds but moving parallel to our position.

We had to crawl past the doe, so as not to give away our position, until we were in cover and were able to get the sticks set up for the oncoming buck. i was able to get a bead on him at about 160yds and we waited for the range to drop as he approached.

As he neared the chest shot became obscured as he dropped behind a small ridge, we shifted position in anticipation of the bucks reappearance and when he became visible a quick shout from Jon caused him to quarter allowing a shot that dropped him on the spot!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5541.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	42766