Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emergency First Aid for Stalkers & Manual Handling - Calton Moor Range

Emergency First Aid for Stalkers & Manual Handling - Calton Moor Range

In the light of upcoming Forestry Commission Leases, Jelen Deer Services are running a combined Emergency First Aid for Deer Stalkers and Manual Handling for Deer Stalkers training course.

This will be held at the Calton Moor Range on Saturday the 12th July.

Pleas contact Jelen Deer Services - 01264 811155, or Calton Moor Range - 01538 308697 for full details, or email us on office@jelendeer.com.

The cost will be 120.00 per person. Places allocated on a first come, first served basis.

Booking can be over the phone, or by secure booking online via our website booking centre. on www.jelendeer.com

EFA for Stalkers and MH courses will also be run at the Jelen Lecture Centre in August & October this year. Please contact Jelen Deer Services for full details.

Regards,

Mike.

Mike Allison
    Managing Director - Jelen Deer Services
    01264 811155

Hi mike.
    Could you please advise who these courses will be certified by
    regards
    Jimmy

Hi mike
    Any chance of a reply to the above question please?
    regards
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    Hi mike
    Any chance of a reply to the above question please?
    regards
    Jimmy
    To expedite your enquiry Jimmy,

August and October will be accredited by First Aid Awards Ltd.

I cannot comment on the July course.
    Merda taurorum animas conturbit

Thanks for taking the time to reply joe its much appreciated ive actually booked onto the july course and paid my deposit via mike dickinson but would love and answer to what id think to be a rather important question. MD couldn't give an answer when I booked so thought MA might of given a reply
    Regards
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by AviatingJoe View Post
    To expedite your enquiry Jimmy,

August and October will be accredited by First Aid Awards Ltd.

I cannot comment on the July course.

did my first aid last week with St John ambulance, full one day course and covers requirements for forestry leases, best give mike Allison a ring on his mobile to check this out, but I know aviating joe's courses are fully covered by first aid awards. great course to do though, my certificate came through today

Hi Dean
    thanks for the reply mike pm'd me last night saying he had asked his lecturer and he was getting in touch with Fc to find out if was compliant to there leases
    regards
    Jimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanandrew64 View Post
    did my first aid last week with St John ambulance, full one day course and covers requirements for forestry leases, best give mike Allison a ring on his mobile to check this out, but I know aviating joe's courses are fully covered by first aid awards. great course to do though, my certificate came through today

It's the St John's course we go on

Al

Thanks ranger
    regards
    Jimmy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    It's the St John's course we go on

Al

Just a few thoughts Guys.
    Emergency aid can be done in a day.......
    A first aid certificate is a different thing and generally asking the trainer does it cover the criteria for the "First aid at work requirements"
    Each FC land agent who deals with leases should be quite specific of what is required.

There is also an additional component that can be added to a first aid certificate for forestry work. This is generally referred to as First Aid +F.
    The additional unit involves a lot more scenarios and improvisation it is intended for working in remote areas. (These days a remote area is anywhere without a post code)