Thread: Dorset stalker looking nearer home

Dorset stalker looking nearer home

I have been stalking in Dorset, once or twice a year for about 15 years. It has always been with a proper stalker so in a sense I have been supervised which suits me, helps with safety, and also without such assistance I would never find any deer! There have been three stalkers in total over the years, and I have learnt a lot, well everything actually as I have not gone for the exams. But I usually shoot one or two deer per visit and do the gralloching, although last time I lost my Buck knife hauling the carcass to the pick up. Not interested in trophies though.
    When I started I thought I might go stalking (again with a stalker) in Scotland so bought a Steyr Mannlicher .270; in practice having only been to Dorset this may be too big a calibre. In hindsight I should have gone for a .243!
    Ideally I would like to go stalking nearer to Surrey, happy to pay fee, but save on fuel and overnight accommodation. Not keen in principle of sitting in high seat, I get cold easily and anyway prefer to use stealth, seems more sporting to me. But happy to listen to other ideas!
    If anybody reading this post has any ideas about how to go about this, I would much appreciate hearing about it.
    Woadhill
    Last edited by Woadhill; 06-06-2014 at 06:46. Reason: swap 'more' for 'for' to make sense

Welcome to the site, you are just round the corner from one of my leases so drop me a PM and we will see if we can fit you in. You can look in the stalking available section as well as there are some good deals from other members also.

ATB

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Welcome.

.270 is not too big at all. In fact it is perfect! I shoot roe mostly. I've been through a few calibers from .243 to .308 and I have gone back to .270 now which is what I started with.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Sikamaic
    How do I go about making a PM?
    Cheers
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Woadhill View Post
    Sikamaic
    How do I go about making a PM?
    Cheers
    Martin
    Simple. Click on my name and you will see some options on your screen. Click on private message and the type in the box and click send. Alternatively if you go to my other website www.ukoutfitters.co.uk and you may email me through this site. If you experience any problems let me know.

I have also sent you a PM. This should show up when you log on again.

ATB

Malc
    Last edited by sikamalc; 26-06-2014 at 16:04.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Welcome to the SD Woadhill.
    If you point to Sikamalc's name with your cursor and left click on "send a message" it should do the job

Ooops, there's me, slow on the trigger again
    Last edited by downwind; 26-06-2014 at 16:08.

hi and welcome to sd all the very best

he cant do that yet it wont let him hes only got a cple of posts,and welcome atb doug,
    DONT START