Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinions on ICO Tec Callers?

opinions on ICO Tec Callers?

looking at getting the ico tec 300 or 350 not heard a great deal about them but like the look of the price, but it is rare you get good quality for a bargain! looked at the one you could download more calls to but couldn't for the life of me find were to down load them from and the website that sells them only has one more available to down load! any opinions would be great.

The ICOTec callers are very good value for money and work very well. As for the calls - there are loads of them about and most can be had for free!

The fixed-menu callers are a bit of a lottery: IME either your local foxes will have a taste for the pre-loaded American menu, or they absolutely won't.

I've no complaints about the build and design of the caller though.

Consequently, I'd go for a model that lets you upload your own calls.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

does any one know how you load the new calls? do they have to be made by the same manufacturer on an SD card or can you download from any where and format your own SD card?

Hi - Rob here from Best Fox Call...

Both the GC350 and GC500 have a standard SD card in them. You can either connect the callers to your computer via the supplied lead or a card reader. The supplied calls are encrypted - but you can add any .mp3 or .wav files.

Hope that answers your questions!

Rob

Thanks Rob thats just what i was needing to know, any chance of a cheeky SD deal?

Quote Originally Posted by RobC View Post
    Hi - Rob here from Best Fox Call...

Both the GC350 and GC500 have a standard SD card in them. You can either connect the callers to your computer via the supplied lead or a card reader. The supplied calls are encrypted - but you can add any .mp3 or .wav files.

Hope that answers your questions!

Rob
    Last edited by The mighty buck; 29-05-2014 at 20:12.

350 ordered, looking forward to getting it and giving it a go, i will get a review put up when i get out with it. thanks very much Rob top lad!

just popped out for half an hour before supper and i had 6 jackdaws, 2 crows and 2 pigeons! missed a handful as well, the crow calls definitely pulled them in and i would have had a few more if i had taken the tim to build a hide rather than just standing in the ditch.
    As for the company i bought it from "Best Fox Call", they were great they had it to me by saturday morning and even through in a cd of calls which would be more suited for my purposes, big thumbs up!

Hi have you tried it on fox yet I am thinking of getting one but can't find much on net about them