Thread: Skin, feet, etc. for my dog

Skin, feet, etc. for my dog

Hi all,
    Following on from the advice of a few members I'm on the scrounge for any skins and/or feet I can use to get my pup used to deer scent and do some little play tracks with the skin to drag, etc.
    More than happy to pay postage and the price of a pint, or can pick up if you're local-ish.
    Thanks!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

simon I can't help you with any cleaves as i have given a freezer load away to members on here and have enough to last me for a short while but what i can say is get the feet head or skin off the same animals and use together, bundle up cleaves in two's and keep in bags marked up so when you come to start using everything is off one animal aiding the tracking to help you and your dog stay with one scent, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Thanks for the tip Wayne, I'll bear that in mind.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

This isn't really helpful for you at the moment, but I would start making enquires to local deer parks as to when they are wanting to do their culls. I'm sure they will gladly give you blood and feet if you ask nicely; you could always offer your services in the larder if you know them. That's how I am sourcing mine for my dog.

Simon, pm Wayne Davies on SD, he's close to you, Malvern, he might be able to help

bugger. ive just chucked 8 feet away and 2 skins, bin men took them away this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    bugger. ive just chucked 8 feet away and 2 skins, bin men took them away this morning.
    Shame, that's always that way! Oh well...
    Blog

Wayne may well be able to sort you out. Or even better tell your missus you need these things to train the little cute puppy and It's best if you shoot the deer yourself. Find a local stalker and get out on a stalk. Shoot a deer, get the feet/skin for the dog. Get the meat for you and have a bl**dy good dinner. Then train the dog. Everyone's a winner.

Got 2 skins 4 feet Live near Silverstone .Any good?Wf1

Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    Wayne may well be able to sort you out. Or even better tell your missus you need these things to train the little cute puppy and It's best if you shoot the deer yourself. Find a local stalker and get out on a stalk. Shoot a deer, get the feet/skin for the dog. Get the meat for you and have a bl**dy good dinner. Then train the dog. Everyone's a winner.
    Tried, failed! Haha

Thanks to all who offered/tried. Wayne will be sorting me out shortly which should get me and the pup started off nicely.
    Blog