Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quads

quads

after years of running a 4x4 and a van for work I am thinking of reducing my fuel bills, considering getting a quad that I can fit in the back of my van a citreon dispatch and only having the one vehicle.What is the smallest size 4x4 quad I could buy second hand that would be man enough to extract fallow.Our last winter was that wet that the 4x4 didn't see much use and carcasses were extracted with the help of the landowners and dragging so I ran my jeep all year and hardly used it for its intentional purpose any way.

probably the smallest quad tht would do the job would be a suzuki 2 wheel drive, don't listen to all your foreman/fourtrack enthusiasts 2wd quads if used properly can be just as good as a 4wd one, but you need to carry weigh so it has to be a farm style . most quads should fit in the back of a dispatch though, just try it and get what you can afford.

Don't skimp buy a quad with 4WD, Honda 350 were good bikes. Should be a few around at not silly money.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
    probably the smallest quad tht would do the job would be a suzuki 2 wheel drive, don't listen to all your foreman/fourtrack enthusiasts 2wd quads if used properly can be just as good as a 4wd one, but you need to carry weigh so it has to be a farm style . most quads should fit in the back of a dispatch though, just try it and get what you can afford.
    Theres a reason the Foreman and Fourtracks are so popular ! If you go ebay my 96 foreman is on there fore sale if you speak to the seller he may do you a deal, its 4wd reliable and smaller in size than the new Foremans
    its a 400cc. He brought of me a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Don't skimp buy a quad with 4WD, Honda 350 were good bikes. Should be a few around at not silly money.

Al
    +1 for the Honda 350. Its lighter than the big engine ones and perfect for the extraction job. Had one for 6 years never had a fault.

Not many will fit into your dispatch van, you will be looking at 350 model max, 300 fourtrax might just fit, is it old or new shape van

Have you looked at Kymco quads? The cheaper one is only 2,166 plus VAT. Check on kymco.co.uk

Do you have lots of different permissions or just the one, if only one why not ask the landowner if you can leave the 4x4 there, register it as limited use (free tax, no MOT, insure for pennies on a tractor policy) and legally run it on red diesel

My kind of 'quad': two wheel drive, light, climbs like a goat and pulls like a mule.~Muir

Ive got about ten different permissions all within four miles of each other but all linked by public roads some areas are small and only take half hour to stalk so on some mornings if im not successful I might cover half a dozen areas.