Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Brown leather 'Dubarry' style wellies for under 100?

  1. #1

    Brown leather 'Dubarry' style wellies for under 100?

    I'd like some of the above but can't afford the top end makes like Harkila, Dubarry, etc, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of the cheaper makes?

    They won't get worn daily so won't get a hammering, but I still want em to last without breaking the bank!

    Any thoughts and suggestions please?

    Cheers

    Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  2. #2
    Girls boots !
    Wouldnt be seen dead in a pair

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Girls boots !
    Wouldnt be seen dead in a pair
    They're to go with the wife's onesie!!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Girls boots !
    Wouldnt be seen dead in a pair
    Clearly you have never worn a pair and appreciated that wearing wellies can be a non sweaty enjoyable experience !!!! I begrudgingly bought a pair of Leather Musto wellies (half price!) and now wonder why I left it so long before getting some.

    Regards

    Ed

  5. #5
    John Norris have got the following at 140 which is a great price for leather boots:

    Hunter Balmoral Mens Montrose Shearling Boots

    http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/shop/ty_...oots-8889.html

  6. #6
    Rydale clothing in yorkshire do a pair they are nice to wear and waterproof

  7. #7
    Dublin river boots. Wife got a pair a few months ago and loves them, far more than the dubarry.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    Rydale clothing in yorkshire do a pair they are nice to wear and waterproof

    AKA Yorkshire trading

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by N.F.W.M View Post
    Clearly you have never worn a pair and appreciated that wearing wellies can be a non sweaty enjoyable experience !!!! I begrudgingly bought a pair of Leather Musto wellies (half price!) and now wonder why I left it so long before getting some.

    Regards

    Ed
    Dubarrys and salmon coloured slacks a common theme at the game fair I prefer to see ladies usually pretty ones in Dubarrys and tweed skirts if that's sexist then I'm a sexist ! As for the harkila /hunter type leather boot they don't look girly at all but Dubarrys will always look like girls boots .

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Dubarrys and salmon coloured slacks a common theme at the game fair I prefer to see ladies usually pretty ones in Dubarrys and tweed skirts if that's sexist then I'm a sexist !
    A big +1

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale Brown leather loaders cartridge bag
    By DJC in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2014, 19:28
  2. *SOLD* brown leather sling with swivels
    By hairlesshunter in forum Other Shooting Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 19:15
  3. Wanted Brown leather cartridge needed.
    By weeman in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-09-2013, 00:08
  4. *SOLD* Canvas and leather rifle sling in light brown
    By JasonH in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-06-2013, 21:09
  5. For Sale Real leather brown shotgun case.
    By richard griffith in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 17:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •