Thread: Wales Country Fair

Wales Country Fair

Anyone going to this event this w/e?
    At Bodelwydden Castle, near St. Asaph.

im not .....

Probably will. Mainly to catch up with friends.

David.

Well I been today, and thought it a bit disapointing to be honest. Much smaller than I expected. Nice friendly atmosphere, and a few bargains to be had in the clothing department, but not really enough going on to keep you amused for the day.

I am afraid over the last few years it has got smaller and smaller. I wonder how much longer it will last.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    I am afraid over the last few years it has got smaller and smaller. I wonder how much longer it will last.

David.
    BASC pulled out of it this year so it is being run by someone else, so may take a time to build up again...?

Sounds a shame, I went about 3 years ago and thought was really good, intended to take my boy this year now he's walking might give it a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    BASC pulled out of it this year so it is being run by someone else, so may take a time to build up again...?
    I should say that whoever is running it now doesn't know much about how to stage an event.

Disappointed with the show last year so decided not to go this year, by the sounds of it I haven't missed much. .

I was there last year selling tickets for the Browning rifle prize draw (donated by BASC) on the H4H stand. I have attended the show a couple of times in the past and thought that while not one of the largest fairs it was a very pleasant and a lot friendlier than many. As usual I had the pleasure of meeting a few fellow site members some for the first time and some that I have had the pleasure of meeting before.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.