Thread: re bluing

re bluing

hi guys i have a cz sillhouett that i want reblued how much would this cost me roughly ?? would lo ve the rifle re conditiioned but how much would that cost as well ??

there is a chap on bbs called richardH if you find him let me have his details .

regards chrisc

sorry but whats bbs ??

SD Regular
    Talk to Tactical Coatings UK regarding the refinishing of your rifle. Their bluing using Cerakote has been very well received and is cost effective. They may also have some ideas for your stock - traditional or otherwise. They're about an hour or so from you and are very helpful.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    sorry but whats bbs ??
    airgunn bbs its a forum

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    hi guys i have a cz sillhouett that i want reblued how much would this cost me roughly ?? would lo ve the rifle re conditiioned but how much would that cost as well ??
    Cost would depend on work involved. Traditional blacking (Blueing) is on highly polished metal and it's the polishing which costs the time and money. Hence the fad for unpolished blacking which is then hyped up as desirable as non reflective . In reality it was a cost cutting measure.

Not sure down your way but at least in Birmingham there are several smiths that still do traditional blacking. Have you tired asking in a gunshop that sells lots of SBS shotguns? Often old ones are refinished so they might well know of someone who does this.

If you want best rust blacking send me a PM and I'll pass you on the details of a guy not a million miles from Warminster.

If you happy with hot caustic blacking RichardH is also on Pigeon Watch and does a fair job at a very reasonable price.